Steam cloud sync causes corruption of downloaded content

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
dlnight

Steam cloud sync causes corruption of downloaded content

Steam cloud sync causes some issues with stories downloaded from within the game. Some things I have noticed are that the list of stories may be correct, but not all of them will work. Also, some will show as installed, but are not actually installed, but they can't be uninstalled either (it gets an error).

Seems like some file that maybe tracks stories is being synced by steam cloud sync, but not all stories are.
kingmecha42

Re: Steam cloud sync causes corruption of downloaded content

I have cloud sync off for issues like this that seem to happen with multiple games. I also game off of multiple computers and don't want the shared saves. It may be trying to download an older version save that is not working with the newer version of House Party.
Main: 11600K/6900XT/32GB(ram)
Laptop: 5900HX/3050Ti/32GB(ram)
VR: 3700X/3060Ti/32GB(ram)
eekdon

Re: Steam cloud sync causes corruption of downloaded content

IIRC we only sync the save game folder for House Party. We do not back up user-created content. So the only issues you should encounter are with saves for various stories, not with the stories themselves. I have not ran into the issue with my own Steam copies of HP so I'd need more details, logs, etc.