House Party Redeploy Coming Later Today for All Platforms!

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
eekdon

House Party Redeploy Coming Later Today for All Platforms!

Hey all, good news, we've got a House Party redeploy coming for all platforms today that will fix some of the bugs people are running into with the Vickie Valentine story, address the dialogue queueing issue that's preventing some characters lines from going off at times, AND, we've improved asset streaming from the file system (HDD/SDD storage), tweaked memory usage, and most importantly we've reworked the culling system to improve rendering performance and consistency. So many of you should notice an FPS boost and reduced jitter/frame time spikes. Personally it improved average FPS for me by about 10-14%, increased minimum/1% FPS by anywhere from 15-35% (depending on test settings and location in-game), and noticeably reduced the frequency of frame time spikes.

Let us know how the game runs for you after you see the update! Should be a matter of hours before you see it.
Gilbals

Re: House Party Redeploy Coming Later Today for All Platforms!

Having trouble with this update. Itch says there's no update available.
eekdon

Gilbals wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:18 am Having trouble with this update. Itch says there's no update available.
Check again? I will inform our Ops Manager...should be posted already. If not, we'll take care of it today.
Gilbals

I tried to uninstall and reinstall and it says the game is not for Windows anymore, so it was saying no update. I think it's an Itch.io issue, but it is affecting you guys.
eekdon

Gilbals wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:25 pm I tried to uninstall and reinstall and it says the game is not for Windows anymore, so it was saying no update. I think it's an Itch.io issue, but it is affecting you guys.
I believe this has been fixed as of at least a few days ago. Please let us know if you're still experiencing this same issue.
Gilbals

Been a bit since I came back here, yes. It's still saying not available for Windows, this is after I reinstalled Itch as well and made sure it was on current version. I tried a help topic, but nothing came of it.
eekdon

Odd, on our end everything looks good to go. We'll have to talk to them again, thank you.
Gilbals

Works how it should now, I'm guessing whatever you told them got it to work. lol
eekdon

Gilbals wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:35 am Works how it should now, I'm guessing whatever you told them got it to work. lol
Thanks for confirming. Yeah we may have had to resort to pestering ;)