0.9.3 "Fix" Update (4/6/18)

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
eekdon

0.9.3 "Fix" Update (4/6/18)

Alright so a brief recap. We released 0.9.2 in a bit of a buggy state so players using distribution sites that allow for Beta branches or that leave some room for non-stable releases (so basically Steam, and on a separate note, our Patreon patrons) wouldn't have to wait another full week or more while one of our staff was on vacation. Well, that vacation has run into some travel/coordination issues so it is very unlikely we are going to get an appropriately fixed version out this weekend. Also, if you haven't seen it, there have been some changes to our release announcement policy (NOT the frequency of updates). For more info on this, see this link: http://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=133

So, what's going on with the 0.9.2 "fix", with all the above taken into account?

1) We will be releasing the "fix" update by the end of NEXT weekend (that's 4/15/18 US EST). It could be earlier than that, depends on the sheer number of issues we want to fix.
2) Anyone who does not have access to 0.9.2 will get access at that time (GameJolt, etc.). So as of that release, everyone will be caught up and using the same version. Then we go back to our regular development schedule.
3) Per the updated release announcements, that is going to be the last release date we commit to. Check the link above for more, but with such a small team a lot of things have been happening that end up with us just not delivering to you all when we say we will. Literally one person being out can hold up anywhere from one to over a dozen deliverables, depending on the sprint and workload. We will still keep you updated enough so that you aren't wondering if the next update is one week away or four weeks away.

Of course you're asking: "Oh fuck me, again with a delay? Are you even fixing anything? Why did this happen again?" To answer such inquiries: a) that sounds like consent and an invitation all in one...OMW!, b) Yes, right now we're testing almost 2 dozen fixes to reported issues from Discord, Steam, and our Official Forums, c) Please refer to the above paragraphs. All we can say is, sorry for the inconvenience everyone, but we'll be back on track soon! Thank you for your patience and ongoing support! If you aren't patient or supportive, well...yeah I guess that kinda makes sense at this point.
Alaczar

Re: 0.9.3 "Fix" Update (4/6/18)

Thank you for the updates!

Having been on the production side of a far simpler application, primarily to support clients for an unrelated industry, I completely understand the nature of software release schedules. You want to provide near error-free content, think it is almost there, then after you think you are about to release, a gaping hole in quality control makes itself known. The horror! :D

Some of my favorite high end software providers tend to be very quiet about release dates for this very reason. They don't utter a peep until they are absolutely certain about the quality of a release candidate. You are following in the footsteps of the very best.

As a Steam user, I enjoy the program, and look forward to new releases. Keep up the good work!
Michiganfan0308

Hey! I just wanted to get a little clarification, it may have been in the post and I just missed it but is the public release of 9.2 happening this weekend (4/8) or next weekend (4/15)?
peter980

Next weekend is 0.9.3.

And 0.9.2 will not be released publicly, exempt where it already has now (for Patrons and in beta Steam branch).
Michiganfan0308

Oh got it. Thank you for the information!
redwings16

i never pay attention to release dates cause having learned computer programing years ago just the most basic of program I fully understand the issues that can creep up since you are doing something way way more complicated then anything I have done ever i'd rather wait a few more days for a near perfect version.
Michiganfan0308

Is the release still planned for today? Can't wait to get my hands on the new content!

Thank you guys for being so transparent with us about your update timelines, it's very encouraging to see a dev group willing to be open and honest with their community about their process!
Afalman

Michiganfan0308 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:08 amIs the release still planned for today? Can't wait to get my hands on the new content!
They announced on the steam forums that it's going to Public Beta today. The full release is tomorrow.
Michiganfan0308

Looks like they put a thread saying that up in here around 7:00 EST as well!
X42ABN6

Seems the console command 'intimacy' will make the player in wrong position now.