[Complete Story] Random Party [1.3.0]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
hobbes___

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [0.18.2]

chimneyfish wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:18 pmI believe you should encounter more occurrences of Amy, Brittney, and Vickie (maybe also Katherine) than other characters because they have some special handling for their different clothing sets. I'm not exactly sure because my macros don't have the workflow you're describing.

I have managed to recover my macros, though, if you think those would help you experiment.
The clothing options explain the differences. I've gotten it to work for all the girls using this method:
* Copy existing girl character file and rename it to new girl
* Open file and replace all 'new girl name' with 'PLACEHOLDER'
* Replace all existing girl name with new girl name
* Replace 'PLACEHOLDER' with existing girl name

However, after a few tries I decided to test/implement everything on one girl first, it's just easier.
chimneyfish

There are some other things you need to search/replace in order for everything to work right. Most important being the randomly assigned names (e.g., "Jenna" in Amy's file needs to become "Rebecca" in Ashley's). Also some clothing names (e.g., where Amy says "my shorts", Ashley says "my skirt").

Can't remember all the other little replacements right now and it turns out I did lose my macros in the hard drive crash. So I'm going to have to recreate them, which will require a bit of work...
hobbes___

chimneyfish wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:10 pm There are some other things you need to search/replace in order for everything to work right. Most important being the randomly assigned names (e.g., "Jenna" in Amy's file needs to become "Rebecca" in Ashley's). Also some clothing names (e.g., where Amy says "my shorts", Ashley says "my skirt").

Can't remember all the other little replacements right now and it turns out I did lose my macros in the hard drive crash. So I'm going to have to recreate them, which will require a bit of work...
OK, my method doesn't really work then except for testing because it removes all those needed customizations.

I'm gonna keep working privately on adding the new behaviors I described above for a single girl. I can post it later if you're interested in having a look.
chimneyfish

hobbes___ wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:04 am I'm gonna keep working privately on adding the new behaviors I described above for a single girl. I can post it later if you're interested in having a look.
Yeah, I absolutely want to see what you come up with.
noobfromthe978

How far does the drunk meter go up with each substance? I know it's up to 10 increments and beer causes a +1 increase while Death Mix carries a +5 boost. What about the others, weed and soda included?
Catch your magic moment
Do it right here and now
It means everything
-Van Halen, "Right Now"
chimneyfish

noobfromthe978 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:21 pm How far does the drunk meter go up with each substance? I know it's up to 10 increments and beer causes a +1 increase while Death Mix carries a +5 boost. What about the others, weed and soda included?
  • Marijuana: +1 up to a maximum of 4 (Buzzed), after that no further effect (other than possibly making a girl like you more); it will jump right to 4 (Buzzed) if you do the "smokeout" fade to black route with it
  • Soda: +1 up to a maximum of 4 (Buzzed), after that no further effect (other than possibly making a girl like you more)
  • Beer: +1
  • Wine: +4 for a whole bottle, or +2 each if shared with the player
  • Mixed drinks/shots: +2
  • Filled flask: +3
  • Thermos of Death Mix: +5
  • Full bottle of booze: +7 for a whole bottle, +4 each if shared with the player
  • When the whole party gets food: -4 as everyone sobers up a bit
The on-screen meter goes up to 10, but Random Party tracks the drunk value farther than that. At some point beyond 10, the drunk individual will pass out.
noobfromthe978

chimneyfish wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:55 am
noobfromthe978 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:21 pm How far does the drunk meter go up with each substance? I know it's up to 10 increments and beer causes a +1 increase while Death Mix carries a +5 boost. What about the others, weed and soda included?
  • Marijuana: +1 up to a maximum of 4 (Buzzed), after that no further effect (other than possibly making a girl like you more); it will jump right to 4 (Buzzed) if you do the "smokeout" fade to black route with it
  • Soda: +1 up to a maximum of 4 (Buzzed), after that no further effect (other than possibly making a girl like you more)
  • Beer: +1
  • Wine: +4 for a whole bottle, or +2 each if shared with the player
  • Mixed drinks/shots: +2
  • Filled flask: +3
  • Thermos of Death Mix: +5
  • Full bottle of booze: +7 for a whole bottle, +4 each if shared with the player
  • When the whole party gets food: -4 as everyone sobers up a bit
The on-screen meter goes up to 10, but Random Party tracks the drunk value farther than that. At some point beyond 10, the drunk individual will pass out.
Thank you, dood.
Catch your magic moment
Do it right here and now
It means everything
-Van Halen, "Right Now"
noobfromthe978

While I have enjoyed the story, there are some discrepancies at large.
  • The hostess should not be jealous in any way. She invited nine other women and only one guy (player). Does she honestly believe that the player is only gonna fuck her? Get real.
  • The hostess should not be pre-gaming. After all, the liquor cabinet is locked. How is she already drunk? It's also rude to be drunk at your own party.
  • How can you be a voyeur and not be a nudist? I don't follow the logic. I've even gotten modest and voyeur for one girl, which doesn't make any sense.
  • I sometimes get a girl that likes all booze but doesn't say, "I'll take whatever you come up with.", when asked what kind of booze she likes.
Here's something you could add. For the hostess, you should have a trait where she's willing to at least make out with the player before the party ends. Another thing you could add is an option at the end of the game after you hooked up with the hostess. You should have the option to stay the night if you didn't send any of the other girls back to your place.
Catch your magic moment
Do it right here and now
It means everything
-Van Halen, "Right Now"
chimneyfish

noobfromthe978 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:44 pm While I have enjoyed the story, there are some discrepancies at large.
  • The hostess should not be jealous in any way. She invited nine other women and only one guy (player). Does she honestly believe that the player is only gonna fuck her? Get real.
  • The hostess should not be pre-gaming. After all, the liquor cabinet is locked. How is she already drunk? It's also rude to be drunk at your own party.
  • How can you be a voyeur and not be a nudist? I don't follow the logic. I've even gotten modest and voyeur for one girl, which doesn't make any sense.
Respectfully, we'll have to agree to disagree on these. It's a game, so arguing about what's "real" or "makes sense" is madness.
noobfromthe978 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:44 pm
  • I sometimes get a girl that likes all booze but doesn't say, "I'll take whatever you come up with.", when asked what kind of booze she likes.
This would be a bug. I'll investigate.
noobfromthe978 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:44 pm Here's something you could add. For the hostess, you should have a trait where she's willing to at least make out with the player before the party ends. Another thing you could add is an option at the end of the game after you hooked up with the hostess. You should have the option to stay the night if you didn't send any of the other girls back to your place.
These are good ideas. The first one would require some significant work, but the second is definitely doable.
DigitalSerpent7

This is definitely one the best mods out there! If I may, I would like to suggest some things to spice it up more that would tie into the "randomness" of the party.

1. If the hostess likes men and women, maybe have an option to have other girls you slept with to stay the night and have some group fun.
2. If any of the other characters like men and women, have them try to hook up with each other as well based on their personalities. So, if Ashley (for example) likes women and is "adventurous," maybe she would end up making out or banging some other girl with the same traits. Essentially what I am saying is that all NPCs have the same goals as the player. It may be too difficult to implement, but it would certain make it feel more like a full party.
3. Have an option to play games with NPCs that want to. Perhaps truth or dare? Spin the bottle? Hide and seek? IDK.
4. I would definitely incorporate strap-ons down the road in some way.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. Keep up with the great work!!