[Complete Story] Random Party [1.3.0]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
jaystaff

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [0.16.5]

chimneyfish wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:53 pm
jaystaff wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:36 pm I have a problem, the "smoke a joint" function no longer works since update 0.16.5

Am i the only one ? Is this from the official game update?
It should work if you have a recent version of Random Party (16.5.0 or 16.5.1). It's broken using older versions of Random Party. The message that appears at the start of the story tells you what version you're using.

Also, you have to have a lit joint in your inventory for the option to appear. It's not enough to have just the marijuana or an unlit joint.
LOL, i have a last version...otherwise, I would not have posted this message, and I know very well how it works xD
chimneyfish

jaystaff wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:28 am LOL, i have a last version...otherwise, I would not have posted this message, and I know very well how it works xD
Alright then, if you are still experiencing a bug, please provide more details. What do you mean by "the smoke a joint function no longer works"? Does the "Puff" option appear when you right click on a lit joint in your inventory? Does it appear when you use the Y key? If the option does appear, what happens when you choose it? Nothing?
jaystaff

When I click on "Puff", there's no smoke coming out of my mouth, but I'm stoned afterwards. I specify that I made all the steps to prepare this one.

So, currently the only way to provide a girl with marijuana is to give her the joint directly, and if I smoke in front of the targeted girl, she doesn't react
chimneyfish

What you're describing is exactly the problem that happened in House Party 0.16.5 with Random Party 15.x.

Random Party 16.5.1 has a workaround to fix this. Specifically, you should see a message that says "Nothing was added to your inventory," then the smoke should appear. This is what happens in my tests.

My only guesses at this point are that the game is still using an older copy of Random Party somewhere on your system or that you're using a save game from an older version of the story.

Can you start a new game of Random Party and check the message to see what version of the story the game's using? If it says 16.5.1, and puff still does nothing, can you post a save game of that so I can see if I can debug?
ttant

I just update french translation to solve some missing translation issues, sorry about that.
noobfromthe978

I created a chart that I print out whenever I play this story. I write out the name of each guest and I list their traits, but I don't want to spell each trait out longhand. Simply put, can someone list the categories each trait falls into so I can create a scoring system? For example, alcohol use would be scored from 0 to 2. 0 means no alcohol. 2, the other end of the spectrum, means any alcohol will do. This ought to get someone started. I hope someone can take it from here.
Catch your magic moment
Do it right here and now
It means everything
-Van Halen, "Right Now"
chimneyfish

Cool! I'd be very interested in seeing how your empirical results to compare with how I tried to set up the probabilities. Here's a list of each trait with the short labels you can get from reading the diary. Does that work?

Overall Sluttiness
  • Frigid
  • Angry
  • No label ("She's a pretty typical girl...")
  • Slutty
  • Rebounding
Cheesy Pickup Line Reaction
  • No-Nonsense
  • No label ("She'll fall for a cheesy pickup line, if it's a guy she likes")
  • Easy Going
Exhibitionism
  • Modest
  • No label ("She's fairly confident about her body, although she's probably not going to run around the party naked")
  • Exhibitionist
  • Nudist
Shyness
  • Shy
  • No label #1("She might make out in public if she's drunk, but nothing else.")
  • No label #2 ("She doesn't mind kissing in public, and she might even go further if she's drunk")
  • Bold
  • Adventurous
Jealousy
  • Extremely Jealous
  • No label ("Like most girls, your chances with her will be better if you avoid letting her see you being intimate with other girls")
  • Open minded
  • Voyeur
Booze
  • Drunky #1 ("She likes to pre-game before a party...")
  • Drunky #2 ("She likes booze...")
  • No label ("She's been known to drink alcohol from time to time... find out what kind of drinks she likes")
  • Teetotaler
Marijuana
  • Stoner
  • No label ("She doesn't smoke weed")
  • Anti-drug
Martial Arts
  • Deadly
  • No label (the diary will be silent about martial arts classes)
There's one more trait I'm working on adding in future versions (Likes Women). This will just be a yes/no, with no special labels, but you'll be able to figure it out by reading the diary.
Last edited by chimneyfish on Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noobfromthe978

chimneyfish wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:27 pm Cool! I'd be very interested in seeing how your empirical results to compare with how I tried to set up the probabilities. Here's a list of each trait with the short labels you can get from reading the diary. Does that work?

Overall Sluttiness
  • Frigid
  • Angry
  • No label ("She's a pretty typical girl...")
  • Slutty
  • Rebounding
Cheesy Pickup Line Reaction
  • No-Nonsense
  • No label ("She'll fall for a cheesy pickup line, if it's a guy she likes")
  • Easy Going
Exhibitionism
  • Modest
  • No label ("She's fairly confident about her body, although she's probably not going to run around the party naked")
  • Exhibitionist
  • Nudist
Shyness
  • Shy
  • No label #1("She might make out in public if she's drunk, but nothing else.")
  • No label #2 ("She doesn't mind kissing in public, and she might even go further if she's drunk")
  • Bold
  • Adventurous
Jealousy
  • Extremely Jealous
  • No label ("Like most girls, your chances with her will be better if you avoid letting her see you being intimate with other girls")
  • Open minded
  • Adventurous
Booze
  • Drunky #1 ("She likes to pre-game before a party...")
  • Drunky #2 ("She likes booze...")
  • No label ("She's been known to drink alcohol from time to time... find out what kind of drinks she likes")
  • Teetotaler
Marijuana
  • Stoner
  • No label ("She doesn't smoke weed")
  • Anti-drug
Martial Arts
  • Deadly
  • No label (the diary will be silent about martial arts classes)
There's one more trait I'm working on adding in future versions (Likes Women). This will just be a yes/no, with no special labels, but you'll be able to figure it out by reading the diary.
This is perfect. Thanks, dood. Here's my scoring system.

Sluttiness (SLT): 0=angry, 1=frigid, 2=typical, 3=slutty, 4=rebounding
Pick-Up Lines (PUL): 0=no-nonsense, 1=only from a guy she likes, 2=easy-going
Exhibitionism (EXH): 0=modest, 1=fairly confident, 2=exhibitionism, 3=nudist
Shyness (SHY): H=Hostess, 0=shy, 1=public make-out if drunk, 2=might go further if drunk, 3=bold, 4=adventurous
Jealousy (JEA): 0=extremely jealous, 1=slightly jealous, 2=open-minded, 3=voyeur
Alcohol (AL): 0=teetotaler, 1=some but not all, 2=likes booze, 3=pre-game
Marijuana (MJ): 0=anti-drugs, 1=doesn't smoke, 2=stoner
Martial Arts (MA): This would be simply be a yes or no

DA=Dance
ST=Striptease
MO=Make-out
BJ=Blowjob
SX=Sex

I'll do a few trial runs and report my results. In the meantime, here's the chart for people to use. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by noobfromthe978 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catch your magic moment
Do it right here and now
It means everything
-Van Halen, "Right Now"
chimneyfish

New version in first post with some substantial changes:
  • Beware! Girls can now get jealous just from overhearing you ask other girls to do naughty stuff with you. Watch what you say in front of everyone!
  • Added more options when taking a girl's photo.
  • Reworked the Making Memories quest. It's possible to fail this one now, but doing so won't end your game.
  • After getting a spontaneous striptease on the dance floor, you can now ask to see it again, and ask for striptease dances from other girls.
  • Added a new achievement associated with the new striptease function.
  • Randomized the "Likes Women" dimension of each girl's personality. This makes a relatively small difference right now, but it will be used more in future versions...
  • Fixed a personality assignment error that was preventing as much nudity and public sex as should have been happening.
  • A girl who's already hungry and then is given weed now mentions that she needs more than just a snack.
  • Pissing girls off in the middle of a dance now ends the dance.
  • Girls (and player) now use drinking animation
  • Small tweaks to dancing behavior
  • Made the girls' got seen reaction spam the debug log a bit less
chimneyfish

Currently, I cannot update the version in the in-game custom story download system. So if you want to play the new version, you'll have to download the zip from here and install it manually.

Edit: ignore the above; in-game download version has been updated!
Last edited by chimneyfish on Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.