Hi All Need some help please :/

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
.JOKER.

Hi All Need some help please :/

Hi all, new to forum,

having trouble just getting started

So started to play house party last week, and decided to give myself at making some filthy, dirty cum soaked scenes with the Custom game editor download unity, downloaded the custom game editor, so followed the Youtube clip om loading but 1) have no Stories folder and look like there was something in dependencies folder he used, but that is not there either. Not only that, every time I click on anything like for instance amy.character a pc message pops up asking what program do you want to open it with....WTF now I am so lost and frustrated.

Heard that maybe the video on youtube is outdated with the current program, does anyone know of a video tutorial (Recent 2019) that can show me the ropes?.

I have never done anything like this before and would like the easiest version "House party custom game set up for dummies" if there is one....hahaha. Not really computer literate, but can write some great scripts :)

Would appreciate any help possible

thanks,
.JOKER.
Nimrod

Re: Hi All Need some help please :/

Hey Joker,

I‘m as new here as you are (just scroll back on the introduction pages - mine was just before you) :D
I felt as lost as you are and since that game got my interest so much, I decided becoming a 25 bucks patron.
This will help me greatly first with all console commands since you’ll get them all in that tier.
I am taking the detour via the console commands since they’re fun to learn, get me instantaneous results and surely will help a lot as soon as I feel ready trying to program my own scenes.
Let me advise you doing the same - it’s worth every cent!
chimneyfish

There are additional videos linked in this post that might help.
eekdon

As chimneyfish said, the new tutorials should help a lot. Part zero is a super basic setup video, but Part 1 is probably what you need as it's much more in-depth. Haven't had time yet to do additional tutorials but there will be more to come based on what the community most often reports having trouble with.
.JOKER.

chimneyfish wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:49 am There are additional videos linked in this post that might help.
Thanks chimneyfish, much appreciated, I'll go have a look now :)
.JOKER.

Hi Guys just went to try it loaded up got to the stories section, clicked on a blank scene and the went to start off with custom scene by clicking on a character to edit and this message comes up "the associated script can not be loaded.Please fix any compile errors and assign a valid script".

Was so hoping to get the "Girls Night In" started tonight but will have to wait for more help.

The videos guys are awesome, just what I needed, but ran in to this other problem above.

Much thanks all for your help, I can't wait to get started :)
.JOKER.

erasmus wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:48 pm As chimneyfish said, the new tutorials should help a lot. Part zero is a super basic setup video, but Part 1 is probably what you need as it's much more in-depth. Haven't had time yet to do additional tutorials but there will be more to come based on what the community most often reports having trouble with.
Thanks for the advice, worked a treat those videos, until I ran into a script error when I started to edit the first character. But will not stop trying :)
.JOKER.

"the associated script can not be loaded.Please fix any compile errors and assign a valid script". any ideas can't get this dam thing to start
.JOKER.

Help Please - The associated script cannot be Loaded. Please fix any compile errors and assign a valid script

so errors are popping up on my 20th try of starting the House party Creator, then after a few expert words and great links to the tutorial videos, I was very happy to be getting clicked into the right direction. Then "SMACK" "POW" "BOOM".... I'm now about to give up, spent 3-4 days on this before
coming to the forum getting absolutely know where.

Hit a new bump in my road to fame, fortune...would love it if someone can take a look at these screenshots and tell me where I am going wrong, as I did follow the steps in the tutorial video accurately, - - click click "Play - Pause" click click "Play- Pause" - - etc
Just starting to load up unity - message I got
Just starting to load up unity - message I got
Desktop Screenshot 2019.08.04 - 22.09.23.40.png (123.97 KiB) Viewed 9713 times
[/attachment]
This is what the guy in the tutorial gets after clicking on the story
This is what the guy in the tutorial gets after clicking on the story
Desktop Screenshot 2019.08.04 - 22.38.57.64.png (598.2 KiB) Viewed 9713 times
[attachment=1]Desktop Screenshot 2019.08.04 - 22.19.55.38.png

Now I have not the foggiest of what is going on, as I mentioned click click "Play - Pause" click click "Play- Pause" - have followed the tutorial click by click....so anyone that can help me get started and get it up and running then I would be more than willing to become a patron - but would like to see it in action first.

Thanks in advance,

.JOKER.
Attachments
This is how mine ended up after watching tutorial
This is how mine ended up after watching tutorial
Desktop Screenshot 2019.08.04 - 22.19.55.38.png (364.45 KiB) Viewed 9713 times
ttant

As written in your first screenshot :
You use unity 2019.2.0 but you should NOT. version 2018.4.2 is mandatory.

Once you fix that, others issues should be solved as well.