Available platforms

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
ashara

Available platforms

Hi!

So I looked over the website at all of the platforms House Party is available from and I have a question..

Do they all provide a Steam key or otherwise just end up with the game on Steam?

I'd like to just install it on my computer if that's an option.

Thanks!
ttant

Re: Available platforms

I think, only steam provide a steam key, all the other provides the game directly (censored or not, depending of the website).
ashara

I wanted to buy it through Humble but saw the Steam icon and the windows icon, with text saying that a Steam key is provided.

Can anyone confirm first hand that their version is free from any launchers?

Patreons maybe?
ttant

Patreons build are without launchers for sure, as a zip file containing the whole game is delivered.
For other i don't know.

I guess that all censored version from that page http://games.eekllc.com/where-to-buy/ delivers steam key, but again, i don't know.
Maybe erasmus can answer that.

What i know is even if the game was purchased on steam, steam launcher is not required to run the game. you can play "offline" (against steam launcher, you still need internet connection so the game can update its story files) so no one knows that you're playing.
peter980

Actually, I'm not sure if that is true after they added support for achievements. I do not think it is possible to run game exe directly, with Steam not in the background.
ashara

I wonder how Erasmus would feel about me subscribing to the minimum patreon level needed to download a stable version of the game, cancelling the patreon, and then coming back after the final update, subscribing to the patreon once again at game price, downloading the finished game, and then again cancelling?

It's a bit of a work around and hassle to just buy a game.

I would add to my Steam account but my kid niece/nephew use it when they're over.
ttant

erasmus wrote:Game Jolt or Itch.
Those two platforms are standalone .exe's, much like Patreon (except they only pay once for free updates for life)
peter980

ashara wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:28 amI would add to my Steam account but my kid niece/nephew use it when they're over.
I would say use two Steam accounts, there nothing in Steam TOS preventing it.

On the other hand, installed games from different Steam account can be seen in the Steam client, unfortunatelly. You could add them to hidden list, but there is nothing preventing one from looking into hidden list.

Alternative option:
Buy in alt Steam account, and when you have guests uninstall the game, so it won't be visible in your main account.
peter980

I just realized there is something called family view which you can use to restrict certain games. Also when enabled, it will never show games from different account.

Good stuff...