Hot Tub Off Limits

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
BillyWilliams

Hot Tub Off Limits

Hey, I'm not sure how everyone. Not sure how everyone is going with the new CSC (I know for me it took me a bit of work to get things right for me, properly identifying items and properly linking characters to their story files in the StoryCreator scene file,) but I thought I would ask this question anyway.

Is it possible with the new CSC to make the Hot Tub off limits to roaming characters until a certain set of parameters are met? Also related is also possible to control what clothes characters wear when they get into the Hot Tub?
peter980

Re: Hot Tub Off Limits

Yes, it is possible. Not sure how in CSC, but there is such rule in original story for several charachers.

Its a roaming command with some parameters that whitelist or blacklist some locations, but since 0.8.7 its called depricated roaming something...

Additionally, it does not persist with saves, so it needs to be triggered with event on each game start.
BillyWilliams

Okay, thanks for that. I had set up the prohibited roaming on one object related to the hot tub, but I've got the feeling I may have selected the wrong object to try to block NPCs from entering the hot tub. That said I'm not sure if I can rely on that since that is now referred to as deprecated now, so that may no say working in the game. I think I've got another idea for something I can do that will roughly have the same affect on my story. I just I would see if I could do something with the hot tub first.
peter980

Actually it is still working, despite being labeled deprecated. Original story uses it still.

I assume general idea was to deprecate original roaming command, and it was replaced partially with state command and state "27".

With state 27, you can set character to be roaming or not roaming.

But part of old deprecated command that is white listing or blacklisting locations still needs old command.

In original story, some characters, like males, use it so they do not get in hot tub.

On the other, hand Katherine is using it as whitelist, so it can only get to specific locations.

So anyway, my suggestion is to use state 27, for allowing/disallowing roaming and old roaming command only for whitelisting or blacklisting roaming locations...
Sammaxbali

Where do I make this change? Is it enough to make a conversation, and then a game event with this state option? I want Katherine to be able to go to the hot tub too
peter980

If you want it from start of the game, then add to gamestart even with newgame condition = true.

If you want after some progression in story, you can put it during dialogue.

EDIT:
Katherine is a bit specific, if you start with her Original Story stuff. She has multiple allow location set up, so she only goes to them.
You could add 4 hot tub seats to those locations. And then add roaming state.
eekdon

Everything Peter said. You could also, if you reeaallyyy wanted to get strict with it (not sure if you are trying to limit the ENTIRE tub or just seats) or only want certain characters to get to the hot tub, use a combination of:

Indisposed state = other characters will not select this character as a valid roam target

and/or

Periodic location checker + standalone walkto canceler event = every 0.33 seconds check to see if a character is < 8ish units away from CenterOfHotTub. If within 8, then check again if they are within < 4.5ish units away (saves you on some debug log spam if your story is complex but ALSO ensures your event is already firing away by the time they get to your REAL lockout distance), and if so apply state 31 (immobile). Fire off your standalone walkto canceler event, which will include a walkto cancel for whatever brought them close to the tub (heavily story dependent), then remove their immobile state and in the very same moment of time give them a new walkto target. This is a vague description, but it is possible to create "zones of no entry" pretty easily, for the outside movetargets at least.