The Muse: Madison bug - no fuck option appears

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
ActionScripter

The Muse: Madison bug - no fuck option appears

Latest Steam version as of today. I decided to try Madison's "muse" quest. It went well, right up until I had us both standing naked in the bedroom waiting for sex. No "Fuck" option appeared in the radial menu.

Choosing "talk" only gave something like "Madison bites her lower lip and gazes poutily at you". I had saved outside the bedroom after already dressing and letting her go in the room first, and no matter how many times I reloaded or relaunched the game, or in what order I spoke to her, locked the door, and got undressed, the bug persisted. Additionally, she reacted to my nudity with a gasp, as if she wasn't even in the quest. One time I tried masturbating to completion in front of her. She said some line about "guess it was a bit too exciting" and I got a pop-up for completing the quest, then Derek came in angrily and did the pants thing. This was the only way to progress it.

I then tried an older save from the same playthrough, made just before placing the cat recording on the window to lure Derek outside. This time, everything worked - as soon as I'd gone through the whole process of locking him out, posing, and getting naked with Madison in the bedroom, the "Fuck" option appeared as intended.

I created a log file from the bugged save, while standing in front of Madison, both naked but missing the "Fuck" option. I don't know if there's a way to grab save files, but I still have the bugged one if that helps.

Log file from loading the save outside the room to the observation of the bug: https://pastebin.com/X22JM2YZ
ActionScripter

Re: The Muse: Madison bug - no fuck option appears

Found the save folder. Here's the bugged save file in case you want to verify.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZK25S ... VSg1olpR38
peter980

I see some issue here.

Condition for getting the option is for her to be in pose "0", yet she actually loses the pose.

Even adding the pose with console removes the pose immediately:
pose madion 0 true

Also trying any other pose removes it right away. And getting her to bed or to any chair (with console command), makes her stand up.
peter980

I think I found solution:

I've looked into save file, and Madions had herself as mandatory target add 5 times. I think it is character or places she is supposed to walk to.
But characters can not arrive to themself as location so this bugs her out.

So what I did in console was doing cancel command once:
walkto madison cancel madison

And then was able to set:
pose madison 0 true

And it pose stuck, allowing Fuck option to appear.
peter980

Here is hacked save, that should fix the issue, so you don't invalidate achievements.

Note that you can't go to save file and edit the stuff, since it will fail to load. It needs to be of the same size as original to work.

What I did was finding this section:

Code: Select all

"MandatoryTargets":["Madison","Madison","Madison","Madison","Madison"],"Name":"Madison"
And replaced it with:

Code: Select all

"MandatoryTargets":["       ","       ","       ","       ","       "],"Name":"Madison"
(seven blank characters, instead of Madison, as target)
Attachments
blindfixed.zip
(792.55 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
Last edited by peter980 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
peter980

To reproduce issue with new game with console (still not sure how in legal play) type:

walkto madison madison

After that pose changes for Madison will not work.
eekdon

Hey there, thanks for reporting this. Characters shouldn't be able to receive themselves as mandatory move targets, but apparently this is still happening somehow. If you're able to reproduce this PRIOR to saving, that'd be helpful, as perhaps there's both a story AND backend code fix we can implement.