Recent Last Play Issues.

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
MistyXXX

Recent Last Play Issues.

It has been while since I played House Party, so I can't tell what version had the problem. Anyways my problem is that purple pink problem.

https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/quest ... e-in-unity

Yeah that problem. Will you please correct this issue and apparently Bobby is always forgetting to change the light source to uncompressed so that it works for everyone after Unity updates. Unity glitches or bugs. All I'm stating is make sure the setting is on uncompressed so that the game displays for all graphics cards. I know we have discussed this many of times. Thank you and I look forward for the new release perhaps soon?
ttant

Re: Recent Last Play Issues.

This is a known issue due to old grafic driver. I can easily reproduced that bug with my old laptop (radeon hd 4650m).
And you're right, some HP version are affected, some other aren't.

There was a topic about that problem (was deleted by the purge or the forum reboot, i don't remember), which ask dev to change one option when building the game. This is probably the option you wrote about.

Note: check that your computer meets the minimal requirements :
http://games.eekllc.com/house-party-sys ... uirements/

And by meet, i mean your GPU is really directx 11 compliant.
Directx is installed by defaut in windows (ie. directx12 is native with win 10). But even if windows runs fine on your hardware, your hardware might not be 100 % compatible.

Using https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_l ... n_Direct3D
As you can see, my radeon hd 4650M is only feature level 10.1 so even if i'm using win10, i don't meet the minimal requirement.

So changing the light source to uncompressed might work, but there is no guarantee that further unity upgrade don't break something else somewhere because of the non direct3d 11 compatibility. ;)

Note: in my case, 0.12.3 is not affected by this issue on my old HD 4650m
MistyXXX

I have DirectX 11. It's the same solution, just another source. All I know is that we discussed this many of times. Uncompressed is the solution fix and no one else is affected by it. Just a bug in Unity. Just Bobby has to remember every time, because some graphics cards capture a bit differently. Who knows? I just know we tried it. Worked last time and again~again every time I had to remind.

I think it's because mine is unique.. Cuda technology. Anyways too much information. Just set it uncompressed and it should fix the issue to work for everyone.
eekdon

We can look into it again, but assuming (let alone proving) that switching to "uncompressed" is something that will be a net-positive for every single user out there is something we cannot do.
MistyXXX

Forget it. My friend bought the latest release and I was unsure about it, since last version I tried had that purple pink problem on reflection sources. So I came here to inform, without even testing the lastest release. I apologize for wasting your time. It could be that it's displaying properly due to having Mircosoft Visual Studio 2015 recently installed for gaming or just could be how the texture code was built on export? Who knows? Still it will be safe to set uncompressed just in case graphics tweaking is modified on lastest release. Gosh I never seen my laptop render like that! The game looks outstanding fantastic!
eekdon

Yeah not sure what the cause could be, it's only been reported a handful of times :( but we'll keep an eye out for more reports. We're very glad to hear you otherwise like the way the game is looking! Thank you :D