The long awaited update

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
RoadWulf

The long awaited update

Was actually really great.

I will say this is the first time I've ever had to turn down my graphics from max because it was just too much for me to handle, but once I turned off the reflections everything was fine. The new models seem... eh? I mean it's not they more or less real, the hair is a nice touch but I never had a problem with the stiff hair. In fact I've always had a problem with Steph's hair and honestly think it's worse than it's ever been at the moment. The eyes seem to be the best part of the new models, oddly enough. After getting a very *ahem* up close look at Madison's yes, I found them to be rather stunningly crafted.

As far as the content goes:

I have to admit I needed to look for a little help with the Sculpture. Amy and Ashley are the only clues I found. I knew nothing about the Foam Finger, and would have missed it entirely. The whole Derek thing doesn't seem to be as big of a deal as it could be. He talking pissed, but his bar still reads "Great Friends" and he still answers all your questions and does everything required of him for other quests (so far as I've played). It's not like when you piss off Ashley and she just refused to talk to you for the rest of the night.

Madison herself:
I have the same problem with one of her voice lines now that I had with Katherine after the Stephanie update.
"Are you lost?"
I mean, if you take the sex route with her, that seems like a really dumb thing for her to say. Shouldn't she be more flirty after? I get when she says that after stuff like not going through with the Ashley prank and such, but after having sex with someone, she should probably be less cold, yeah?

If I'm honest, I think it's a bad idea to not have this behind the Prank as a gate. While it's nice that for once you don't have to choose one girl over the other, but isn't that the main point of this game? Some how it feels weird that you can go through the Art route with Madison, then turn around and finish Smooth Operator with Ashley and not have her go "Didn't you just fuck my sister?"

The background chatter: It's nice. It makes the house less empty sounding and it helps to drown out the music which we've all heard WAY too much by now. It's also nice there are some easter eggs in there as well as clues to objectives. The favorite one I've heard so far is Rachael talking to Stephanie about how she agrees with everyone that Steph "looked better in Alpha".

Overall: This was a great update and a massive step in the right direction, but there's still a lot that I personally would have on the list:
-More repercussions, both good and bad.
-Stephanie... just... my God..
-A possible "Make up and Make out" quest with Madison and Ashley
-Definitely more Brittney content, she's just a set piece to everyone else.

And maybe put in there a Game Over the player can create by putting the Spoon in the Microwave and burning the house down. :D
eekdon

Re: The long awaited update

Thanks for the detailed feedback! As far as the out of place reactions before and after doing content in the game, a lot of that will be polished over time. As you can see the sheer amount of stuff put into this update was sizable, but we were later than usual getting it out. So...there has to be a trade-off somewhere for the time being. We'll be going back through the entire game once more content is added in and doing an in-depth review of what avenues of behavior and/or choices should be added, removed, or refined. Watch out for an additional pre-art show "helper" line from Patrick, and a number of additional easter eggs like doing the art show Frank in a...unique state, a few differing dialogues from Derek if you Humiliated Ashley and "got" with Madison beforehand or failed Madison's Smooth Operator in a specific way. In the future we're likely going to focus a bit less on Easter Eggs and hidden paths and more on the rewards/repercussions...but this was a fun update in that regard :D

To be honest "further polish" or "additional optimization" are responses I could use to almost all feedback here, but that would have been kind of a lazy response :P Can't make any promises about Stephanie, but we'll do another light review, at the very least, over all the characters prior to the game's full release late next year.