Is it possible to set erection of certain character

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
cheryl_c

Is it possible to set erection of certain character

Hello,

my question is about Frank. He doesn't seem to have erection when having sex, so that's my question... is there a setting to fix this? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong or it's impossible...? His gender in the story was set to female, I changed it to male, but that's not the solution.
Kevner

Re: Is it possible to set erection of certain character

I found state 34 has been added in 12.3, for Indefinite Erection, but that's separate to the player's normal erection during intimacy because that seems to be tied to an intimacy action and goes away after a second. You could toggle Franks state 34 when intimacy starts and ends to get around it.
Kevner

Side point, I'm using CSC 11.3 which doesn't yet support state 34, but I found two workarounds:

-Use state Running instead as an event or criteria, export the story and edit the text file, replacing "Value": "33" with "Value": "34" and use this saved story file (or import the saved file and you won't have to change it again on the next export.)

Or more conveniently:

-For the reason importing the saved file works, change the event type to Modify Value (or Values if a criteria) and change the final value (after equals or add) to 34, change the event back to State and there, it is now referring to state 34 for erection.
peter980

Note that state 34 can bug out sex scenes, since it is designed as visual effect outside of sex, not as failover to permanent erection from 0.11.3,
Kevner

Yeah and it's interfering with the Orgasm value, as I'm experimenting with having an erection whenever it is greater than zero, going away after reset, but it doesn't read the value properly. Artificially increasing the Orgasm value seems to stop it from naturally decreasing as well, when the state is on.
peter980

Additional thing worth noting is that Orgasm value compare is broken.

You can compare if Orgasm does not equal 0, but using less or greater will fail if for values set by game other then 0.
cesidio

I suggest to just use console commands until new features aren't implemented in CSC. Last time I checked even bodysize wasn't implemented that was many months ago, I doubt you can do something with last update features.
peter980

CSC is just an UI for creating stories.

So any new feature that works in 0.12.3 Original Story can be added in custom story manually, outside old CSC that is missing them in UI.
Kevner

peter980 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:15 am You can compare if Orgasm does not equal 0, but using less or greater will fail if for values set by game other then 0.
Thanks for that nugget, that should help since I have a few Orgasm value dependent ideas to work on. Other times reading the value works fine, such as increasing the value every second a girl is naked in front of you, up to a maximum set by the value as a criteria (eg. if less than 50, which does work though because it's manually increased.) It all goes wrong when forcing the erect state though. If I set state 34 off when value equals 0 all should be fine, as long as it decreases to zero naturally, which it doesn't. And adding an event that decreases it for you risks having a negative orgasm value, which won't work out if the criteria triggers anyway when the value isn't zero.

I'm a little impatient for the CSC update so have been working on some personal tweaks and experiments for 12.3 with the old one. Importing the most recent official story works as it keeps the values and functions that aren't supported yet, as long as you don't change them, and for most things I haven't had too many problems in the past using it on an alpha or beta build. This time my main custom stories are broken after 12.2 due to some change that bugs out the dialogue for the phone call character, which I heavily rely on. Assuming all will be well with the compatible update so I don't consider it a problem just yet.