When will the new update come?

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
violetalex

When will the new update come?

Yep, question is on the topic :)
RoadWulf

Re: When will the new update come?

Man, they need to stop doing that, I check the Blog for a reason and it still hasn't been updated to show any kind of release.
ttant

The blog is only yo notify what's news or tease what's next. It's not its purpose to tell when will a new version be published.
The change-log is provided in advance to let you know more precisely what was fixed and what will come next once the dev has implemented/fixed something.

Furthermore, don't forget the release cycle : https://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=133
In short:
- two alpha + one beta :arrow: Patreons only
- stable :arrow: patreons first followed by all other platform like steam, gamejolt, etc.
As developing software is not a walk in the park, there might be delayed due to last seen bugs which must be corrected before release.
cesidio

Wow, today!

I wonder if the story creator (that is usually updated maximum after a week of stable release) will be properly updated. Lately it is just updated to be adapt with the story, but they introduced TONS of console commands that can't be used in Story Creator....example a magic word in dialogue that make people small like ants....doable with console command but you can't write a story about it.
eekdon

We're aiming for a release this week.
RoadWulf

And I just noticed the Release Notes got changed and the date is marked for tomorrow where earlier it was marked for today. Well, at least we know something's happening.
eekdon

Just updated the 0.12.x update thread. TLDR: a matter of days at most! Sorry for the delay, we're hard at work on it!
Titus_Draconius

Release notes say the update was released yesterday, was that just for patreon supporters etc.? I don't think it's out yet for regular steam users, my version doesn't seem that different.
ttant

Acording to discord channel, a beta was published on steam few hours ago, but the real release is not ready yet.