Problem with Custom Story Creator

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Aravil

Problem with Custom Story Creator

I downloaded Unity 2018.2.11in order to create Custom Stories. When I load the project, I receive the following message:
Api Update Required. This project contains scripts and/or assemblies that use obsolete APIs
When I decide to upgrade, I receive a message:
Rewired: Plugin importer could not be loaded for Rewired_Core.dll. Please reinstall Rewired.
------- Rewired System Info -------
Unity version: 2018.2.11f1
Rewired version: 1.1.19.5.U2018
Platform: Unknown
Using Unity input: False
I can't reinstall Rewired (another error). When I decline to update, the error message is the same.
ttant

Re: Problem with Custom Story Creator

I also got it, but the CSC just works fine.
Ignore that error and carry on :mrgreen:
Aravil

Thanks.
How can I upload the story into the game? I followed the tutorial video and modified one of the in-game dialouges, to test it. I can't see "Export" button in the new version of Unity
eekdon

Aravil wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:39 pm Thanks.
How can I upload the story into the game? I followed the tutorial video and modified one of the in-game dialouges, to test it. I can't see "Export" button in the new version of Unity
The export functionality is now built exclusively into the Story object (prefab) itself. This will export ALL story files at once, so be aware of this if you start working on a larger project and are revising or testing anything.
Aravil

erasmus wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:27 pm [quote=Aravil post_id=2948 time=<a href="tel:1541785169">1541785169</a> user_id=4701]
Thanks.
The export functionality is now built exclusively into the Story object (prefab) itself. This will export ALL story files at once, so be aware of this if you start working on a larger project and are revising or testing anything.
[/quote]

So I just have to save/compile the project?
eekdon

Aravil wrote:So I just have to save/compile the project?
No, click on the Story object (blue cube) in the Project tab, and then look at your options in the Inspector tab towards the bottom. One of them should be "Export Story". That will put all your .character and .story files into a folder of your choosing, and those are all that's needed to play your story.
Aravil

erasmus wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:27 pm [quote=Aravil post_id=2948 time=<a href="tel:1541785169">1541785169</a> user_id=4701]
Thanks.
[/quote]

Got it. Thank you