Story will not load

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
JohnC998

Story will not load

I would like to upload supporting files for this problem but when I try, I get "Invalid file extension...DxDiag.txt."

What format must the files be in? Zipped?

Thanks.
eekdon

Re: Story will not load

Try it again, I had .txt files disallowed for some reason.
JohnC998

I've followed the suggested steps trying to diagnose the loading problem but still no joy.

In a file C:\Users\John\AppData\LocalLow\Eek\House Party\output_log.txt are several lines showing a library loading error:

"Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/House Party/HouseParty_Data/Mono/data-000002DDB0010040.dll"

I've attached the log file below.

These files and the path do not exist in my installation. I installed using Steam with Windows Defender Ransomware Protection turned off.

Could this error prevent the game from loading?
Attachments
output_log.txt
(56.8 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
JohnC998

I installed House Party 0.11.3 on another Win 10 PC with a more capable graphics card. The game loaded and played perfectly! I will install a newer card on the PC giving me trouble.
eekdon

JohnC998 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:51 am I installed House Party 0.11.3 on another Win 10 PC with a more capable graphics card. The game loaded and played perfectly! I will install a newer card on the PC giving me trouble.
Be aware that up until 10/12 there was a known issue with Steam that was causing users with AMD GPUs to experience crashes. Maybe try updating your Steam client on the other PC?

Was this issue occurring with all stories, or just custom ones? It looks like character and story files, in addition to save files themselves, did actually load successfully at least a few times. What was the "visible" symptom here?
JohnC998

Well... I installed a new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics card on the problem machine and the game is operating perfectly! The card I replaced only had 1GB. One must really take the minimum system requirements to heart! Many thanks for your help. Now...(Drum roll, please)

0.11.3 is the best version of the game so far and is a quantum leap over 0.10.4!
- NPC walking paths are nearly collision free and the paths seem to follow a more direct route from one place to another with NPCs rarely walking into a door jamb.
- Adding the Input Configuration is greatly appreciated by left-handers.
- I'm finally seeing eye blinks and eye closures during sex. Much more realistic.
- Haven't yet seen an NPC warp into a wall or floor after sex.
- Much better animation regarding motion speed during sex position changes.

A great improvement allowing one to enjoy game play without annoying and distracting technical issues. My hat's off to the developers.

(Now...about that third-person view camera...)

Many thanks.
eekdon

Glad you got it working :) yeah the minimum system reqs are pretty critical.

Thanks for the support!