CSC 0.11.3 Missing functionalities

Report any bugs you may encounter with the House Party CSC here.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Chibim

CSC 0.11.3 Missing functionalities

CPU : i7-6700 @ 3.4GHz
GPU : Geforce GTX 960
RAM : 16GB
CSC & House Party Versions : 0.11.3

I have downloaded CSC 0.11.3 and tried opening the Original Story upon first running it. At this point I received an error message about missing DLLs, which I corrected by uninstalling and reinstalling Unity.

After that I tried opening a fresh version of 0.11.3 and received no errors, however after some functionalities appear to be missing, such as :
- The is no "Export All stories with..." option when I edit the main story ;
- There are no "Import Story", "Export Story", "Export All stories with..." under each character's story...

Because of this, there is no "clean" way to import my custom story into the new template.

Also note that this problem occurs when using the latest versions of Unity 2017 and Unity 2018.
peter980

Re: CSC 0.11.3 Missing functionalities

Export story on story object in Unity will export story and all character files that have same story name property as that story.

Import story on story file will import story and all character files in same folder if corresponding character objects in Unity have story name set to match story that is imported.

This does mean when you first time do import in CSC that you need to change story name for each character object to match story you are importing, otherwise only story object will get updated.

So anyway, all import/export is now in bulk from the story file, but there are couple of extra manual steps, when you switch work between stories.
Chibim

Thank you for the clarification and I believe that it is a great way of performing the import/export function, as I usually modify a character, export it, copy changes to other files with an external editor and then reimport the characters in order to make minute adjustments.

This will save spare many import operations. Keep up the great work!
Chibim

I know that it's probably somewhere... but I can't find the location of the button for publishing the story into the game folder.

I've looked under the main story as well as under the characters stories. Thanks in advance.
peter980

When doing export, you should select folder which is location for published folder.

There is no need for separate publish step.

For example:
"<Documents>\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories\My New Story"

Note that folder name should match name of the story file, in order for the story to be visible in the game.
snippy64

I updated my steam HP to 0.11.3 last night, downloaded CSC 0.11.3, and upgraded Unity to 2018.2.11f1. Things were going great at first, the CSC was pretty solid even though it took me a while to find where the new export button was.

But then I started having problems. I had two stories in my story folder: Original Story and Custom Story (which I copied from Original Story and then searched/replaces the story name, and re-imported).

1. Trying to trigger a dialogue from an event trigger in my custom story would show all of the dialogues for that Character from the Original Story, even though the 2 namespaces were distinct.

2. If I deleted the Original Story folder and prefabs, then I'd get the empty dropdown/red ERROR text on the game event again.

3.Certain events didn't seem to be firing correctly, like Player:Orgasms or Anyone:EjaculatesOnMe, I tried a bunch of options including Frank:Bottomless but it didn't seem to fire after receiving a BJ from Katherine.

4. I got a rewind error from Unity when I loaded the StoryCreator - Load Me First, but uninstalling Unity 2018 and re-installing it didn't seem to help (thank $deity for fast internet speeds).

Everything was working fine with CSC 0.8.0 (other than the 'characters warping under the stairs after intimacy bug' which is why I tried updating and creating a new story from scratch.

Any ideas where I went wrong?
Chibim

Everything now appears to be working for me... there is a constant red message at the bottom of the unity screen that says : "Rewired: Plugin importer could not be loaded for Rewired_Core.dll. Please reinstall Rewired", but it does not appear to have any impact on CSC or on the story once I export it.

I have noticed that I cannot use any event in the character script for "Phone Call", which would be nice since I would like to use it to trigger events that are specific to the main character. For the time being, I put them under Derek's story, but I have to be careful when I manually copy things between stories because it makes his story's structure slightly different from the other character's...

I noticed that I cannot trigger dialogs under "Phone Call" if they had Criteria based on variables. That was with the previous version of CSC and I have not yet tested if it now works with this version. I plan on doing that today and will post the result a little later. Right now I see Derek's face whenever my character calls the store, college, etc. :P
snippy64

Thanks, I gave it another go and everything seems to be working fine with 0.11.3 now. I must have made a typo or had a bad edit on the .prefab files when I was trying to do some direct edits, though it's weird that it *mostly* worked without errors.
TheFirstAxel

I'm having trouble with the "original story dialogue" issue too. No matter what I do, it only shows the original dialogue. Makes it a real pain to run triggers off of other characters dialogue. I've been trying to work around it, but making all the extra quests and such is a pain. Is there any way to fix it that doesn't require copy pasting every single dialogue? I also can't seem to delete original dialogue without performing a reset, which probably is not a good way to go about it.
ttant

As i don't understand what you want to do, i may answer badly, so sorry for that.

CSC 11.3 can't import character file from custom story (b]if[/b] the name doesn't match the story.

By default, all character are set to use "original story" story. So if you want to import something else (ie. Xmassballz), you must click on unlock button and change the "story name" before importing any story file.

You also have to click on "clear story" button on each character to clear their entire data (dialog, trigger, and other stuff). The one on the story file doesn't clear the characters.