Translation Issues

For any and all posts containing House Party translations by our users, discussing the translation system, or reporting issues with translating House Party.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Bruiot51

Translation Issues

Hi Devs,
I found some issues in translating game and I would like to point out them:
  • After the stable release of 0.11.3 in the secondary stories the history files, that contain all the names of the Items with which it's possible to interact, are not recognized by the game so there aren't traslated.
  • When you activate the Stephanie's quest but try to give her the Whipped Cream, the message "If I give this to Stephanie etc." appears. This sentence is not present in any text files, so it can not be translated.
  • Madison's phone has no text files and can not be translated (Interact with Apps, Photos etc...), as well as the Inventory phrases "Your Inventory is Empty" & "[Item Name] was added to your inventory" and the "Opportunity Discovered" phrase under Quests Names Pop up.
  • In the Original Story file there are all texts of the Main Menu voices which seems don't be translated. Same thing for the in game menu (Open with ESC).
Furthermore, in Date Night With Brittney story, Engine Oil has the model of a Natty Lite instead of its red small tank that is in the shelf below.

Thanks for reading.
eekdon

Re: Translation Issues

Hello, can you be more specific as to which file you're referring to in #1? The Original Story file? That has the names of items...it seems to be working for the included translations that come from our server. Are you referring to the translation templates or files from the server? And if you're referring to server files, which language?

The messages/text on Madison's phone and the main menu/title menu text is hard-coded, so cannot yet be translated. We're still working on that!
Bruiot51

Ok, I will try to explain myself better.
With secondary stories seems that the game doesn't interpret the files "Date Night With Brittney.txt" and "A Vickie Vixen Valentine.txt", which are the files that contain all the items' name and some phrases like "This thing smells like Jubba the Hutt's asshole" ect...
I noticed that with Russian and Chinese files work, but with mine(Italian) and French it doesn't, so all the items names remain in English.
If needed, I can attach some screenshots.
Let me know...
ttant

Bruiot51 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:04 amI noticed that with Russian and Chinese files work, but with mine(Italian) and French it doesn't, so all the items names remain in English.
I'll investigate on my side why french doesn't work. thanks for letting me know ;)
but sadly, i won't be able to post my result before the end of the month.
eekdon

Bruiot51 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:04 am Ok, I will try to explain myself better.
With secondary stories seems that the game doesn't interpret the files "Date Night With Brittney.txt" and "A Vickie Vixen Valentine.txt", which are the files that contain all the items' name and some phrases like "This thing smells like Jubba the Hutt's asshole" ect...
I noticed that with Russian and Chinese files work, but with mine(Italian) and French it doesn't, so all the items names remain in English.
If needed, I can attach some screenshots.
Let me know...
Alright thank you for the feedback. We will look into it on our end of things.
ttant

erasmus wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:39 am Alright thank you for the feedback. We will look into it on our end of things.
I check "date night with brittney" using the provided french translation while being offline.
At start, you got 2 gamestart lines, which are both translated. Then you can click on Brittney and got the following options:
- talk (parler)
- oogle (mater)
Those are not translated.

I try:
- to fix the line return (ie replace \r\n by \n for the dialog which uses multiples lines)
- to use the translation of "original story" (oogle is missing from that one, but talk should be translated)
But nothing works.

I check:
- the story name from the story file, but it matches.
- the encoding charset, but it uses the same as "original story".
- if my translation use forbiden character (like [ ] |) but it doesn't.

The "in-game" log doesn't seems to provide a clue about why the file was refused.

I haven't check :
- if the issue is the same with "a vickie valentine story".
- if provided russian & simplified chineese work or not.

Edit:
I found a workaround:
You have to change the encoding of the file to utf16-le using notepad++ (no other changes required).
Now "oogle" is well translated.
Bruiot51

ttant wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:32 am
erasmus wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:39 am Alright thank you for the feedback. We will look into it on our end of things.
I check "date night with brittney" using the provided french translation while being offline.
At start, you got 2 gamestart lines, which are both translated. Then you can click on Brittney and got the following options:
- talk (parler)
- oogle (mater)
Those are not translated.

I try:
- to fix the line return (ie replace \r\n by \n for the dialog which uses multiples lines)
- to use the translation of "original story" (oogle is missing from that one, but talk should be translated)
But nothing works.

I check:
- the story name from the story file, but it matches.
- the encoding charset, but it uses the same as "original story".
- if my translation use forbiden character (like [ ] |) but it doesn't.

The "in-game" log doesn't seems to provide a clue about why the file was refused.

I haven't check :
- if the issue is the same with "a vickie valentine story".
- if provided russian & simplified chineese work or not.

Edit:
I found a workaround:
You have to change the encoding of the file to utf16-le using notepad++ (no other changes required).
Now "oogle" is well translated.
Ok, but you got only the word "oogle" translated or also all items name and rest of text in file?
ttant

Everything else is translated in the file i fixed.
I haven't check other word for missing translation.
Bruiot51

ttant wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:20 pm Everything else is translated in the file i fixed.
I haven't check other word for missing translation.
Ok, i checked it and seems that your fix work, both with "Date Night With Brittney" and "A Vickie Vixen Valentine".
Now, I only need to wait for the new texts of v0.12.0

Thanks for your work!