Dialogue list on adding game event

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
zebulon

Dialogue list on adding game event

I've set up the CSC according to aan3kk method by cloning the original story. I can modify existing dialogues or add new ones (I cannot remove them). When I add a new game event, if I want to trigger a dialogue then I have to choose in a list of dialogues corresponding to the original story. These are not updated. If I choose a dialogue I have modified, it appears modified in the game, but I have no way to select a dialogue I have added. So is there a way to update this list when new dialogues have been added to a character ?
I guess there is a way because in the last custom story by mada7 there are game events which refer to added dialogs (which display ERROR in Unity when I import them, because my list is not updated and the index exceeds the list count).

EDIT : I found I have to modify the original story to updates the dialogues. So now I keep only one story per project.
Chipmunk

Re: Dialogue list on adding game event

Could you post a video showing how to fix the issue if posssible? I'm not to good with files or programming in general so I'm not to sure how to fix it myself.
moretech

I was wondering about the same thing and was frustrated by it but I did end up finding what is preventing it from working how we want it t.
In project settings for "editor settings" we have to change meta data option from "hidden" to "visible meta files".
Once doing so, when you modify existing or create new dialogues it also updates for the events and everything else.
Omega

Hi, does anyone solve that problem?

Its annoying that the dialogues in the charakter files is correct but in the Story file it still reference to the original dialogue files.

So you can not select modified or added dialogues.
Omega

WORKAROUND:

- Change or add an character dialog. These changes will be saved in the character files.
- Use dialog event and trigger an displayed dialog in the combo box lookup in the story file. These dialog are wrong and do not represent your changes.
- Now edit the story file with a texeditor and search for your dialog event.
- Change the value with the dialog ID from character file and save it.
- additonal information. Do not import the manual changed story files. Just every time export it and change it.
- use the guid for reference. so you can search it easisly with an texteditor and change it again after new export.
- make a list with guid and corresponding change value of dialog ID.

e.g. You added dialog id 1001 for in character vickie (character file).
Now you should change the ID in the story file (xxx.story) by searching it with Texteditor. Before you must set an selectable ID which was shown in the UI of the story editor.

Code: Select all

"ItemActions": [
                {
                    "ActionName": "Hot talk",
                    "Criteria": [],
                    "DisplayInEditor": true,
                    "OnTakeActionEvents": [
                        {
                            "Version": "2.0",
                            "Id": "8deeaa11-da5b-4d74-a2da-c36c01116e08",
                            "Enabled": true,
                            "EventType": 120,
                            "Character": "Vickie",
                            "Character2": "",
                            "Key": "",
                            "Option": 0,
                            "Option2": 0,
                            "Option3": 0,
-------------> 		    "Value": "1001", <-----------------------------------
                            "Value2": "",
                            "SortOrder": 0,
                            "Delay": 0.0,
                            "StartDelayTime": 0.0,
                            "UseConditions": false,
                            "DisplayInEditor": true,
                            "Criteria": []
                        }
                    ]
                }
Assumption:
The editor for the story files doesnt work for dialogue trigger selection. It seems that the lookup in the combobox is wrong!
The source of the dialog list seems always the same. My expected behavior is that the combobox always load the dialog list from the correct characters in the story folder.
dialog.JPG
dialog.JPG (30.71 KiB) Viewed 7013 times