Uncensor DLC for Steam

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Jason1214

Uncensor DLC for Steam

Recently Steam games have included uncensor dlc on the Steam page that restores full adult features, but not all countries can access said DLC due to their country blocking. Do you think it is just temporary and other countries are trying to make examples as the Steam feature is so new? I am hoping it is just temporary, as I would love for you guys to implement uncensor DLC, but don’t want anything done that would exclude others. Might be wise to look into before dismissing right away and see if it is a possibility down the road.
Last edited by Jason1214 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ttant

Re: Uncensor DLC For Steam

I's already done since the first strike :roll:
http://games.eekllc.com/steam-patch/
Jason1214

Re: Uncensor DLC for Steam

Got the patch and all, but really curious with the new Steam rules with them being hands off on censorship and recent addition of uncensor DLC. Just saying it might be a possibility in the future and to not dismiss so soon. It is a really cool feature and already have it on some Steam games I own, but not sure the feasibility with those outside U.S at the moment. Either way, I am thankful uncensoring is still really easy, but would be nice not to have to apply text files as once you download DLC it is there forever with no fuss needed.
Jason1214

What i am reading is that Steam uncensor dlc is region blocked in some countries, but the games that do it are not. Maybe provide DLC for those countries that allow and continue offering an alternative for those that don’t. Just a thought.
eekdon

We're looking into how to best tackle this, but regardless we'll always be offering the free approach of applying the "uncensor patch" that we currently have on our website. If we can get away with a free DLC as well, we'll do that. We want to make it as easy and quick as possible for everyone to enjoy the full HP experience, but there are regional presentation and restriction concerns, store-page visibility issues, game genre/category/labeling factors, and other business-centric things we need to consider prior to making a move.
Jason1214

No problem. Glad you guys focus on what is best for the customer and whatever you guys decide to do I am for. Just glad Steam is hands off so we know we are getting the full vision on this platform.