Better NPC Masturbation Animation

Requests for new Custom Stories or discussion of your new Custom Story ideas.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Orintangio

Better NPC Masturbation Animation

Currently the masturbation the girls use is unrealistic. Can this be made better?
peter980

Re: Better NPC Masturbation Animation

It is also not aligned properly for several characters.
eekdon

Orintangio wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:46 pm Currently the masturbation the girls use is unrealistic. Can this be made better?
I believe we either have yet to receive updated masturbation animations...or haven't applied any we've received. I'll have to look. We've got an eye on improving ALL intimacy animations over time and have a number of general and specific tickets in specific to that goal so...we'll get there!
eekdon

peter980 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:37 am It is also not aligned properly for several characters.
Yeah, got a ticket open for this too. You know how it is...everything going on in every direction :(
Kevner

We can see offset fields in the character intimacy settings section in the hierarchy, so I'm wondering how possible it would be to implement to make these have an effect on the game itself. It's only three axes so there's no hand position there, but it could be enough for general placement for any player/npc interactions. There are dozens in this community that would happily figure out working offset numbers if there was a way to test.

If I was to get greedy I'd be looking for a way to do this on the fly. We can use the console to warp to specific coordinates, which is fun but currently useless without custom support. It's a bit awkward anyway since it's anchored to 0 0 0 in the middle of the house, we'd have to chart the building testing numbers and that would take forever. If it was possible to warp to relative coordinates instead this would do it, but then again we can't warp anyone during intimacy so back to square one.
eekdon

Offsets (some of which you can see in the CSC) help, but there's also background code that runs that's specific to each individual sex act that we'd need to look at to get things just right.

Are you referring to masturbation hand/body part positioning being off, or placement in the game world?
Kevner

Makes sense.

erasmus wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:59 am Are you referring to masturbation hand/body part positioning being off, or placement in the game world?
I was on about placement in the game world, but subject was about body part placement, not sure who was being asked there.

I recently noticed that it seems to be coded now for girls to pose before masturbating, which definitely helps things along, but I found it funny making them do it in different positions. I'm sure that would be a nightmare to keep the animation correct though. Similarly, the handjob must have been restricted for reasons as triggering it seems to be limited to the hottub only or occasionally sitting elsewhere but only with Vickie (mind it's been a while since I checked.) I used handjobs in other places in my main custom story for a while but it stopped working so I changed the idea. Mentioning it on this thread because it seems relevant to the animations themselves being awkward to adapt, but I'd settle for glitchy looking intimacy if it means having the flexibility to try different things like that.
eekdon

Kevner wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:58 am I was on about placement in the game world, but subject was about body part placement, not sure who was being asked there.

I recently noticed that it seems to be coded now for girls to pose before masturbating, which definitely helps things along, but I found it funny making them do it in different positions. I'm sure that would be a nightmare to keep the animation correct though. Similarly, the handjob must have been restricted for reasons as triggering it seems to be limited to the hottub only or occasionally sitting elsewhere but only with Vickie (mind it's been a while since I checked.) I used handjobs in other places in my main custom story for a while but it stopped working so I changed the idea. Mentioning it on this thread because it seems relevant to the animations themselves being awkward to adapt, but I'd settle for glitchy looking intimacy if it means having the flexibility to try different things like that.
Yeah adaptation is arguably the toughest part about our (or any game's) animations. To get "great" looking animations, motion capture + tweaking is almost always required, and to get "acceptable" looking but somewhat adaptable animations (like, a jerk off anim that could be used in wide-ish variety of circumstances), some custom animation and/or physics/Unity-centric code could be used. Both require a lot of work in different ways. Unfortunately this is just one of those things where applying a high degree of specificity to a complex act can innately rule out any sort of flexibility.