Using HP Betas

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
JohnC998

Using HP Betas

I'm just a little puzzled about using the Beta option in the Steam Library.

If I select the, say, 0.8.8 version and finish the download, will Steam ever try to do an automatic update to the latest release and overwrite 0.8.8? If so, how can I inhibit the automatic update?

I've established a method to keep more than version on my machine but I think I'm exposed to an overwrite from an automatic update.

Thanks.
eekdon

Re: Using HP Betas

JohnC998 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:47 am I'm just a little puzzled about using the Beta option in the Steam Library.

If I select the, say, 0.8.8 version and finish the download, will Steam ever try to do an automatic update to the latest release and overwrite 0.8.8? If so, how can I inhibit the automatic update?

I've established a method to keep more than version on my machine but I think I'm exposed to an overwrite from an automatic update.

Thanks.
No, once you opt into a beta it will not try to update to any other version. Only selecting "None" in the betas menu will allow for automatic/"forced" updates of the game client.
JohnC998

Many thanks, Erasmus. That'll make things much easier.
eekdon

Good! No problem.