How do you make sure that a picture the player takes is of a certain person/thing?

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Fudgemanz

How do you make sure that a picture the player takes is of a certain person/thing?

I want the player to take pictures of someone in my story and I'm not sure how to verify whether or not the picture the player takes shows the person i want in the picture, How do you do this, if it's possible?
peter980

Re: How do you make sure that a picture the player takes is of a certain person/thing?

There are couple of hardcoded variables attached to player character that get set when you do photos, which you can use to do checks in the story.

Photos Taken - how many photos got shot (everything counts)

Photos:Brittney - how many photos of Brittney you got (including naked)
Photos:Naked:Brittney - how many photos of naked Brittney you got

Same for other girls.
Last edited by peter980 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fudgemanz

Re: How do you make sure that a picture the player takes is of a certain person/thing?

peter980 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:57 pm There are couple of hardcoded variables attached to player character that get set when you do photos, which you can use to do checks in the story.

Photos Taken - how many photos got shot (everything counts)

Photos:Brittney - how many clothed photos of Brittney you got
Photos:Naked:Brittney - how many photos of naked Brittney you got

Same for other girls.
Oh that's interesting. Is there a list of these variables somewhere?
peter980

Not really.
You can get some by inspecting original story files.

Others by checking values command in debug log.

values <char-name> list

Generally, some values are created by story files, other by game engine.

Some of game engine values are settable (changing them changes stuff, like changing current value of Orgasm meter for player), while others are just supposed to be read (describe stuff, but changing them has no effect since they get updated automatically). Experimentation is necessary.