[Feature Request] Delete individual lines of dialogue

Requests for new Custom Stories or discussion of your new Custom Story ideas.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
mada7

[Feature Request] Delete individual lines of dialogue

As someone that likes to make modified versions of the original story but with my own twist to it being able to delete certain lines of dialogue that I wouldn't be using to minimize clutter would be fantastic. It also allows for removing duplicates or lines that were added by accident. Right now the only way to do that is to wipe the entire story for the character which is far from ideal.
peter980

Re: [Feature Request] Delete individual lines of dialogue

As a workaround, can you try deleting lines manually, directly from original story/character files, and then importing that to CSC as starting point?
eekdon

Yeah that should be doable. I think the reason that feature was not there originally is because of the impact deleting one complex dialogue element could have, and the difficulty present in then tracking down all other parts of the script that depended on that line (in the editor, at least). Still, a delete option with a "ARE YOU SURE, PLEASE CHECK FOR DEPENDENCIES" kind of warning is better than nothing. I will add a ticket in for it.
Rafaelhentay

It would be great! with the warning it would be perfect!
this feature is sorely missed. Because when creating a story, we always end up changing our minds halfway, even having a complete script to follow.