[0.10.4] Dutch Translation

For any and all posts containing House Party translations by our users, discussing the translation system, or reporting issues with translating House Party.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
puffdip

[0.10.4] Dutch Translation

Hello Peeps,

So perhaps you already read something in the discord server. If not and you would like to join the discord server, here is a invite link: https://discord.gg/eekgames
We really want to make a stand for the mature genre. This is why we decided to take action and make this game more accessible for people in the Netherlands who rather play with dutch text on screen. To plan this I made a little overview so you can see how far we are at this point.

Check it out:

Original story
  • Amy - 100%
  • Ashley - 0%
  • Brittney - 0%
  • Derek - 0%
  • Frank - 100%
  • Katherine - 50%
  • Madison - 0%
  • Story_Content - 100%
  • Patrick - 0%
  • Phone_Calls - 100%
  • Rachael - 100%
  • Stephanie - 50%
  • Vickie - 0%

Date Night With Brittney
  • Brittney - 0%
  • Story_Content - 0%
  • Patrick - 0%
  • Phone_Calls - 0%

A Vickie Vixen Valentine
  • Ashley - 0%
  • Story_Content - 0%
  • Madison - 0%
  • Vickie - 0%
This is made possible by Ruud78 and PuffDip

NOTE: Sometimes its for us unclear how to pronounce something because we don't know at that time in which time the event unfold itself. Is it in the past. or is it something what is happening right now. We will discover more about this in our test plays. But for now we are laying our focus on translating first. Perhaps in the meantime we could obtain cheats to test faster. So please, If you encounter any typo, incorrect grammar or if you think a sentence is wrong, don't hesitate and let us now so we can update the story.

Expect Updates coming. We do not have strict release dates like each week or something like that. We just do this in our free time hoping we make the final cut.

Download Link:
house_party_0_10_4.zip
(150.08 KiB) Downloaded 537 times
Alternate Download Link: http://codewars.nl/

Last edited by puffdip on Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.
eekdon

Re: [0.10.4] Dutch Translation

Please make sure to add your downloads here as well. The forums accommodate attachments. Thank you.
puffdip

erasmus wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:56 pm Please make sure to add your downloads here as well. The forums accommodate attachments. Thank you.
Fixed :D
Ruud78

Going good, I may have been a bit over enthousiastic on the Eek Discord about this, but I'm realy extatic about this translation thing. I'll try to hold my horses a bit from now on until we'r done
Ruud78

It seems puffdip blocked me because I made some joke about making a Geert Wilders game.

So now he thinks I'm racist or something.

Just for the record, I'm not racist.

But anyway, I guess the translation's off now.

Sorry guys
contramundi

I'm going to try and translate the rest of the stuff Ruud78 hasn't done yet, however i've got a small question.

How does the new vs old stuff work exactly? Do i need to compare the translated files with the english template manually every time the template is updated?
eekdon

contramundi wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:35 pm I'm going to try and translate the rest of the stuff Ruud78 hasn't done yet, however i've got a small question.

How does the new vs old stuff work exactly? Do i need to compare the translated files with the english template manually every time the template is updated?
That is probably easiest. That's what I do when troubleshooting the scripts themselves, or when verifying something after a Unity upgrade or major engine update. Folks here have different preferences, but two common tools that come in handy are NotePad++ for general editing, saving, and encoding (you should encode the files to UTF8-BOM), and something like Tortoise SVN for comparing two files.
contramundi

already using n++, it's been my favorite editor for years now, and i found a program beyond compare which is pretty nice.

with christmas / new year around the corner (and maybe a new release from another game i'm doing the dutch translation for) i'm kinda focussing on finishing up the (easier) custom stories first before focussing on the main content.
eekdon

Sounds like a good plan! :D The main story can be daunting.
contramundi

Lol. indeed, after finishing up the 2 custom stories i'm working on i'm gonna focus on getting the files that ruud already started up to 100%.

haven't had much time to focus on translations for house party the last week, with christmas and such being really busy irl and the christmas special for man of the house (which i'm finished with now) i'm gonna see if i can finish up one (or maybe both) of the following tomorrow:

- Vicky vixen valentine (only vicky left)
- birth of frank (only need katherine)

unfortunately i can't give any eta on the main story yet, gonna be a busy couple of days next week and a new release for MotH is probably due as well next friday (so spell check time and new translation file as well in the weekend). If the new release of that game is later due to the holidays i can work a bit more on house party.