French translation

For any and all posts containing House Party translations by our users, discussing the translation system, or reporting issues with translating House Party.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
ttant

French translation

Here is he place to discuss about the french translation, especially to report bad translation or typos ;)

Note that the french translation is now include in 0.8.8
WorldWarIV

Re: French translation

Being a French translator, I'll try the game in French soon to check that out :D
ttant

Note: there might be missing sentences (ie when multiple paragraph are displayed in english, only the first one might be displayed in french)
WorldWarIV

Need any help translating what's left?
ttant

So far, everything is translated.
I just need some review of the current translation.
WorldWarIV

Derek

Dialogue : Replace "J’ai oublié de te dire que mes amis sont un peu… comment dire, excentrique?" with "J’ai oublié de te dire que mes amis sont un peu… comment dire, excentriques?"
Dialogue: Replace "D’après moi, c’est l’endroit le plus probable où tu puisses en trouver." with "Selon moi, c’est l’endroit le plus probable où tu puisses en trouver."
Dialogue : Replace "[…] cambrioler des banques et bruler des orphelinats…" with "[…] cambrioler des banques et brûler des orphelinats…"
Dialogue : Replace "Pourquoi ne demandes-tu ça?" with "Pourquoi me demandes-tu ça?"
Dialogue : Replace "Amy est l’une de mes meilleurs amis." with "Amy est l’une de mes meilleures amies."
Dialogue : Replace "Mais vas te faire foutre, Frank !" with "Mais va te faire foutre, Frank !"
Dialogue : "[…] mais là, tu ne me laisse pas le choix…" with "[…] mais là, tu ne me laisses pas le choix…"

Answer: Replace "Moi et Frank ? Soit sérieux, Derek… » with "Moi et Frank ? Sois sérieux, Derek…"
Answer: Replace "Elle a l’ai fort sympathique. » with "Elle a l’air fort sympatique."
Answer: Replace "A plus, Derek." with "À plus Derek."
Answer: Replace "Ca marche." with "Ça marche."
Answer : Replace "Ah, tu as surement raison." with « Ah, tu as sûrement raison."
Answer : Replace "Allez, Derek, soit sympa !" with "Allez, Derek, sois sympa !"
WorldWarIV

I've checked every Derek line, what he says and what we answer him in the original story. The sentence in italics is not a mistake per say, but the new sentence would be better in my opinion. I'll try to do the other characters one by one and edit my previous post.
ttant

Ok, thanks for your review ;)

Btw:
* I never put accent on uppercase, so you will find tons of missing À, Ç...
* feel free to create one post per file you review, it will be easier for me to track all the modification you ask ;)
WorldWarIV

ttant wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:24 am * feel free to create one post per file you review, it will be easier for me to track all the modification you ask ;)
I'm not asking anything, it's to help you guys, I play the game in English :P
ttant

Anyhow, all your comments are taken into account and should be fixed in the next release ;)