What is in the 'to do' list?

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
mike1097

What is in the 'to do' list?

Hello,

Through out the forum, i will often find: 'this is a long term idea' or 'we may implement this later in development'

Could the list of 'to do' be shown as i'm curious? Is there an in-house priority for what you want to achieve within this game?
eekdon

Re: What is in the 'to do' list?

We have a general set of in-house priorities, yes. I know this sounds like a "corporate, big studio"-level B.S. cop-out, but a *real* answer (i.e. a roadmap with production/release gates, specific details, etc.) to this kind of big picture question is better suited for an official website post and social media blast, not a forum post. To somewhat answer you, so far we've been focusing on moving towards finishing content for characters and balancing content types across different characters as we feel is best, with the general end goal being multiple storylines for almost all characters that could (assuming the player doesn't piss off Frank, etc. :P ) culminate in a big event facilitated by Vickie.

Furthermore, we're adding player-facing mechanics to support the upcoming content we plan on adding. We're also adding behind-the-scenes features and mechanics (or simply code refactoring) to get the engine ready to serve as a baseline in a future title, Office Party. We also want to add a few mechanics to House Party that may be "just for fun" and won't seem attached to any particular content, to again prep the engine for a future title(s). Finally, in the midst of all this we're trying to maintain a decent level of quality prior to coming out of Early Release, right before which we'll likely stop content development for a short time to go nuts on just QA testing and polishing the game up.
mike1097

That's cool. Thanks for update! :D
WorldWarIV

I was wondering when you think the game will be complete? I'd like to play a definitive version but at the same time I want to try the new updates :D
eekdon

We don't have a specific ETA, but we are cognizant of the trust and investment that Patreon and Early Access customers have put in us, so we're trying to focus more now on getting core content and major features done for the foreseeable future before moving into a major QA phase prior to our full release. We'd like the whole content push and QA-polish push to wrap up and allow for a full release within *roughly* the next year. Following that we'll still support House Party from a tech support, feature, and whenever possible, content perspective while we work on our next title.
WorldWarIV

Thanks for the answer!