What do I need to get started?

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Qorbs13

What do I need to get started?

Hi, I'm new to this community and was trying to create a custom to share but when I try to load a story into the game it displays a message saying. "Error: Story unplayable due to failed integrity check. Files missing or corrupted. Or story version is invalid." If anyone knows what's wrong or if this is a simple mistake on my end. I am also using the latest versions.
chimneyfish

Re: What do I need to get started?

Qorbs13 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:39 pm Hi, I'm new to this community and was trying to create a custom to share but when I try to load a story into the game it displays a message saying. "Error: Story unplayable due to failed integrity check. Files missing or corrupted. Or story version is invalid." If anyone knows what's wrong or if this is a simple mistake on my end. I am also using the latest versions.
I haven't seen that specific error before, but in general, after exporting from the CSC, your story should be in a folder in your \House Party\Mods\Stories directory. The folder name should be the name of your story. Inside that folder there should be a *.story file, where * is the name of your story (same as the folder name) and at least one *.character file.
Sams2

Let us consider the possibility that the file you are attempting to load into the game may be missing or damaged. It is of utmost importance to ensure that the file is intact and has not been compromised in any way during the process of creation or transfer. Verify that all required files are present and uncorrupted, for even the slightest error can disrupt the integrity check.

Additionally, it is crucial to ascertain that the version of the story aligns harmoniously with that of the game. Confirm that you are utilizing the latest versions of both the game and the custom story. Mismatched versions can lead to compatibility issues, resulting in the aforementioned error message.
bagelspomp

I downloaded and opened the previous version of the game on the other computer, after which I chose a character. There are a lot more options in that 12.4 version to contend with than what I see here on 13.3 IE: Personality. And event triggers, such as those found in games that begin with a particular character. Previously, I believed I could save or export to a name.story file, but it does not appear to want to do so now.
I only wish to establish Amy and Rachael's personalities naturally to begin and get a sense for the process.
dodgerfleet

Qorbs13 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:39 pm Hi, I'm new to this community and was trying to create a custom to share but when I try to load a story into the game it displays a message saying. "Error: Story unplayable due to failed integrity check. Files missing or corrupted. Or story version is invalid." If anyone knows what's wrong or if this is a simple mistake on my end. I am also using the latest versions.
Any updates? I don't think I've ever encountered this error.