Exported story not available

In this forum, you can ask questions and get help with the House Party Custom Story Creator. Not for Bug Reports. See the forum below for that.
Forum rules
Forum rules
No racism, sexism, anti-semitism, brigading, doxxing, or ANY form of abusive behavior. No discussion of hacking or piracy or the buying, trading, or selling of ANY type of product or service (digital or otherwise). No advertising of any product or service (digital or otherwise, and this includes streams or any service involving 'subscribers'). No discussion of religion or politics. Do not link to other adult sites, with the exception being discussion of other adult games in Offtopic/allowed subforums; i.e. no pornography.

Do not spam, do not try to circumvent any automated tools that are part of these forums or any linking to these forums. Do not judge others based on their preferences for custom stories, their opinions, sexuality, etc., and most certainly do not bring it to the moderators.

Respect the moderators and each other and all will be well. Report any violations of the above rules. Do not violate local or international laws (including, but not limited to the laws of your country and/or the laws of the United States) while making use of these forums. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.

We will use username, e-mail, AND IP bans without reservation, and mods hold the final word in such decisions.
Post Reply
Sammaxbali
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 5:46 pm

Exported story not available

Post by Sammaxbali » Thu May 02, 2019 5:49 pm

Hello. I've been messing around in the creator trying to make the original story the way I like it. But, after exporting to the correct folder I can't find in the drop down menu in game. What am I doing wrong? I checked for Unity updates, Unity is updated. My game is updated to 13.3.

In the folder for my mod, I have a folder with my storys name and all the characters has their own file.

peter980
Posts: 843
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:50 am

Re: Exported story not available

Post by peter980 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:47 pm

Does folder of the mod has same name as story file inside it?

Sammaxbali
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 5:46 pm

Re: Exported story not available

Post by Sammaxbali » Thu May 02, 2019 7:55 pm

Nevermind. I got help on the Discord. Problem was: Folder did not have the same name as story. I am such a noob.. In other news, telling Frank to go to the garage and be indisposed does not make him refrain from killing you for taking alcohol, if anyone else wanted to take some alcohol without him loosing his shit. Gonne try some other options.

Sammaxbali
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 5:46 pm

Re: Exported story not available

Post by Sammaxbali » Thu May 02, 2019 7:55 pm

peter980 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:47 pm
Does folder of the mod has same name as story file inside it?
Yes, now it does, after you helped me on Discord! Thank you very much :D

peter980
Posts: 843
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:50 am

Re: Exported story not available

Post by peter980 » Fri May 03, 2019 4:58 am

Sammaxbali wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:55 pm
Nevermind. I got help on the Discord. Problem was: Folder did not have the same name as story. I am such a noob.. In other news, telling Frank to go to the garage and be indisposed does not make him refrain from killing you for taking alcohol, if anyone else wanted to take some alcohol without him loosing his shit. Gonne try some other options.
This is due to scripting involved in Original Story. Check what happens when you do Take action on specific drinks.

Sammaxbali
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 5:46 pm

Re: Exported story not available

Post by Sammaxbali » Fri May 03, 2019 4:33 pm

peter980 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:58 am
Sammaxbali wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:55 pm
Nevermind. I got help on the Discord. Problem was: Folder did not have the same name as story. I am such a noob.. In other news, telling Frank to go to the garage and be indisposed does not make him refrain from killing you for taking alcohol, if anyone else wanted to take some alcohol without him loosing his shit. Gonne try some other options.
This is due to scripting involved in Original Story. Check what happens when you do Take action on specific drinks.
Great tip. Thank you. I see now that I can edit his reactions to all items. Gonna have alot of fun with this.

Post Reply