Starting from Scratch (Again)

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
tripod

Starting from Scratch (Again)

Already have gave up twice!!! So going to try to give it one more go at it with new ver of CSC.
OK I downloaded the new CSC 13.3 and it sits on a SD card awaiting to be placed somewhere.
I am going to start with a totally different machine this time, the one I was using before is a little light in the CPU britches..

OK now remember that I am at pre-novice beginner stage at this. AKA "Total Dumb ass"

Now what I really need is to know what and where the correct Version of Unity to get. Before I think I did it all backwards thinking that the CSC was self contained, which lead me to downloading 3 different iterations of Unity (Personal) and signing up with them to get it downloaded.

From step 1 to at least step 5 on getting started would be really helpful ie: what to get and where; how exactly to load CSC: Save a in-progress story and or character files in the right/proper format. ETC:
I tried as mentioned in the CSC files to "Double Click First" file ( there are 2 of them) which is just a little confusing as to which First is First or if even at all due to at the time not having a good Unity installed. Also is all of the extra Visual Studio needed that all of this seemed to want to download necessary. That information would also be handy to have. It looked easy in the video,,,,, Man was I wrong on that assumption.
I need some one to take me by the hand and lead me to the Toilet so I don't Shitt myself...
ttant

Re: Starting from Scratch (Again)

For CSC 0.13.3 :

Installation

* Unity is 2018.3.13f1
Can be found here : https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive
Warning: click on "Unity 2018.x" the select the required from line "Unity 2018.3.13"
Download and install.

In theory, only unity 3d is required, the other part (webgl, android, whatever tm, etc). are useless (as far as i remember).
You don't need visual studio.

* CSC 0.13.x
Download the zip file and extract it somewhere.

First run

Once precedent step is done, launch "unity". No need to sign up.
In the opened window, clic on open (top right part) and select the folder created by extracting the CSS.
Wait a bit, for unity to fix and create whatever it need to run.

Now you should have a big grey window.
Somewhere on the GUI, you should find a tab called "Project" (bottom left in my case, near console tab).
This tab has 2 part: a tree on the left and a "folder content" on the right.
In this tree, clic on assets. On the right part, you should find a "StoryCreator - Lo...". Double clic on it.
Then click on "README" (next to it - one SIMPLE clic, otherwise VS or whatever crappy IDE will be launched just to display a dumb txt file)

That's it. you're ready to go.

second, thrid and more runs
Start unity.
Projects > on disk (defaut, already selected) you will fine a green/blue line with the name of the extracted CSC. Clic on it to launch it.
That's it. you're ready to go.

Note :
* In console don't care about the rewired error. it's just a plugin required to create HP, but completely useless for the CSC magic.
* As far as i know, use "File > save project" to make sure the latest modification you've done are persisted on disk.
tripod

ttant thanks for the reply.

I did find the Unity 2018 3.13 and installed it but it insisted that I log into Unity ( probably because I had signed up before ) no biggie. I extracted the CSC files into a folder on the HD and loaded Unity. It did not see any files however on trying to open the CSC, I did associate the .unity file to Unity and opened it with open with. That seemed to work on reopening Unity alsy as the CSC showed up on the start up.

I did get the previous version on the other computer to load and open, and select a character there were a lot more options in that ver 12.4 to mess with than I am seeing here on 13.3 IE: Personality. and event triggers like on game start walk to for a particular character. That I think I was able to do before but it didn't seem to want to save or export to a name.story file
All I wanted to do to get started and get a feel for the process is to have Amy and Rachael personality's set to natural or +25 exhibitionism as well as other traits changed slightly ( something easy to check ) and on game start/player in view/walkto "hottub" for the two, Then to check in game use command line to remove top to check reaction. Seemed simple to me I thought.

All of the options for a character in the new CSC are totally different and most or missing or hidden. I will try to get a screen shot of what I have, and see.
Unity.jpg
Unity.jpg (340.12 KiB) Viewed 10345 times
peter980

Don't touch those character objects.
All that you need is inside Stories section.
tripod

I may have actually stumbled into the right files in the original story/ characters files... I found the options that I remember seeing before.
I played with some of the parameters in Rachael and changed to flash in vicinity then by total accident stumbled upon how to save story as a story file into a folder. On moving the files to the game machine and changing the name to the folder name the flash tits in vicinity worked and got a bonus dialog from the dare quest. At least I am on the right track finally I hope at least. Now to reload the CSC files and start with a single change and test working my way slowly forward I hope.
eekdon

Four more tutorial videos are going to be released publicly in about a week or so. I believe the total length between the four of them is a bit over 90 minutes. It's basically me walking through starting the CSC for the first time, copying a story, deleting a story, making a fresh story, editing, importing, exporting repeatedly, testing in House Party, and going through some of the basics of editing a story and some workflow tips.
tripod

Great:
I cant wait!! well actually I can, all I have is time :) That will be extremely helpful for us first timers. Haven't actually worked on the two characters again for a couple of days but will shortly. Any help that comes out will be greatly appreciated at least on my end.
Sammaxbali

tripod wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:44 pm I may have actually stumbled into the right files in the original story/ characters files... I found the options that I remember seeing before.
I played with some of the parameters in Rachael and changed to flash in vicinity then by total accident stumbled upon how to save story as a story file into a folder. On moving the files to the game machine and changing the name to the folder name the flash tits in vicinity worked and got a bonus dialog from the dare quest. At least I am on the right track finally I hope at least. Now to reload the CSC files and start with a single change and test working my way slowly forward I hope.
So now she flashes everytime she sees you? This sounds like a great addition to the game, for scientific purposes ofcourse. Will need to look into this for my disaster of a project.
OmnislashXX

Honestly, you really should NOT make your own story from scratch at first. That is one of the major falls that a developer will make. Your first task is to learn exactly how things work. I would for instance - and this is what I'm doing currently- is to duplicate the Blank Story Template, Create a Test Story and then start looking at how things work in the original story and then try to make it yourself from the ground up. This way, you can see how things work.