Dancing

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Orintangio

Dancing

I can send the characters and create an event when they get there to start dancing, but not all of them will dance. In particular Brittney just will not dance. I can force her to dance with the console command, but otherwise she will not dance. Is this a social property setting? What is the way to force dancing in CSC? Tried Dancing:Dance set to 1, but no dancing by Brittney.
peter980

Re: Dancing

Some states prevent dancing. Experiment in in-game console by removing some state from Brittney and figure out which one is.

Also "mood" social variable needs to be 0 or above for character to be "in mood" to be dancing.
eekdon

As Peter980 said there are a number of factors that can influence dancing. Are all these characters near a music source? All using the same states? Clothed, unclothed? Personality settings? As you can see, Brittney dances in the Original Story, as does every character.
SignOfTheRaven

Is it actually possible to make characters dance away from music sources? Just like the OP, I'm having trouble making characters dance too.

I've been trying to get Ashley to dance at the outside sofa/gazebo location, and have made a dialog option that turns on an event trigger. The dialog is set to show up when the player is sitting on the middle seat of the outside sofa, and that works. However, Ashley still does not dance when the dialog is used.

The event trigger I created has all of the things recommended by you guys. I went ahead and turned off all states except for dancing, able to dance, hears music and happy. I have also made Ashley's in mood set to 1. Ashley is set to be pretty happy and all other positive qualities in the Personality settings is set high as well. I have also set the Dancing:Dance to 1. In short, I have followed both peter980's and erasmus's instructions to no avail. I'm starting to get the feeling that characters are simply just not allowed to dance, unless they are near a music source. Can someone confirm this?

And if characters are able to dance without a music source, can someone please help me get on the right track. I'm sure the OP could benefit from that information too.

Edit* OK so I searched the forum a bit and found this - https://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=353 It sounds like the radio does at least need to be on, before any character will dance. I guess I can use that information, and work on my issue tomorrow.
eekdon

SignOfTheRaven wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:52 am Is it actually possible to make characters dance away from music sources? Just like the OP, I'm having trouble making characters dance too.

I've been trying to get Ashley to dance at the outside sofa/gazebo location, and have made a dialog option that turns on an event trigger. The dialog is set to show up when the player is sitting on the middle seat of the outside sofa, and that works. However, Ashley still does not dance when the dialog is used.

The event trigger I created has all of the things recommended by you guys. I went ahead and turned off all states except for dancing, able to dance, hears music and happy. I have also made Ashley's in mood set to 1. Ashley is set to be pretty happy and all other positive qualities in the Personality settings is set high as well. I have also set the Dancing:Dance to 1. In short, I have followed both peter980's and erasmus's instructions to no avail. I'm starting to get the feeling that characters are simply just not allowed to dance, unless they are near a music source. Can someone confirm this?

And if characters are able to dance without a music source, can someone please help me get on the right track. I'm sure the OP could benefit from that information too.

Edit* OK so I searched the forum a bit and found this - https://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=353 It sounds like the radio does at least need to be on, before any character will dance. I guess I can use that information, and work on my issue tomorrow.
In the next update we're adding a ForcedToDance state, which will make characters dance UNLESS one of a few specific story events fire OR a built-in change location is triggered (these can be disabled easily by other states, most notably AbleToRoam).
SignOfTheRaven

Thanks for the reply Erasmus. That sounds very helpful. I'll look forward to the next update then.
chimneyfish

erasmus wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:11 pm In the next update we're adding a ForcedToDance state, which will make characters dance UNLESS one of a few specific story events fire OR a built-in change location is triggered (these can be disabled easily by other states, most notably AbleToRoam).
Excellent!
DJStabs

Could you add a similar state that immobilizes a character? I find it really difficult to stop people from walking away... in the game.
eekdon

DJStabs wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:42 am Could you add a similar state that immobilizes a character? I find it really difficult to stop people from walking away... in the game.
That already exists. State 31/the immobile state.
SignOfTheRaven

I just want to say that the Forcedtodance state works amazingly well. Kudos to whoever had it added to the CSC. Now with or without music playing, I have been able to get characters to dance anywhere I need them too. Thanks again!