Start of the game

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Darklord

Start of the game

How do i edit the start of the game ? When it would normally say You were invited to a party and so on , i want to start from scratch with a message at the start of the game more or less an intro to the game story.
chimneyfish

Re: Start of the game

If you want an example, in the original story, the message that appears at the start of the game is in Madison's event triggers, in the event trigger MadisonNewGameStarts.
Darklord

I want to start the game with the player waking up in the master bedroom on the bed alone it's your house , it's going to be your party, but i want to start the game with an introduction while the player is still in bed
peter980

Well... pick one character. Then add event to him/her that is triggered on game start.
Then set as condition that it is only on new game.
Then warp player to the bed.
Then add action that will display description you want.
Darklord

Thanks Peter980 that looks like the way i'll have to do it , i can't seem to find a way to do it other than have one of the characters in the game at the time
peter980

Yes, even for stuff not specific to some character, event triggers need to be in character files.
eekdon

Darklord wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:02 pm Thanks Peter980 that looks like the way i'll have to do it , i can't seem to find a way to do it other than have one of the characters in the game at the time
If you want it to seem like no characters are around, just pick any character to "exist" and warp them to the "Loading Dock" (where Vickie warps to at the start of the Original Story). There, they can act as an invisible event handler for whatever you want to do in your story.
Darklord

Cool, thanks Erasmus that's what i'll do :)