Unable to Edit Story Script

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
fuzzyfreak

Unable to Edit Story Script

I’m trying to add new interaction options to the wheel. To do that I think I need to edit the story script. I really won’t know until I can see the script. My problem is when I select edit script I get this warning and nothing happens.

Unable to open Assets/Dependencies/EekCharacterEngine.dll: Check external application preferences.

External application preferences is set to use Visual Studio 2017. Is this the correct way to edit the script or is my noobness showing again? I’m using HPSC 0.11.3 with Unity 2018.2.11f1.
ttant

Re: Unable to Edit Story Script

Are you sure that you have clicked on the readme then the "StoryCreator - Load Me First (Double Click)" on the asset folder ?
fuzzyfreak

ttant wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:56 am Are you sure that you have clicked on the readme then the "StoryCreator - Load Me First (Double Click)" on the asset folder ?
Yes, that's how I always start it.
eekdon

You don't *need* to edit the script directly. The HP CSC is basically a GUI tool for creating, structuring, and outputting a JSON script (the .story and .character files). So if you import a story, select the story prefab, and begin working with the character interactions, that is the easiest way to handle modifying available radial options. Otherwise I'd suggest using something like notepad++ and opening .story files directly, instead of trying to have Unity open them for you.