Moving of in game items.

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
moretech

Moving of in game items.

Hi,

For my own custom story I am wondering if it is possible to have the items moved to an other location as where they normally start.

For example, moving the "Pizza Box" to an other place in the house, such as moving it to the garage or something.

I am using story editor version 0.7.0 right now.

I tried to see if the option as under the items in the story or if is is available as an event trigger but I can't seem to find the option in there to move an item. So I just want to know if it is possible, and if so, what steps should I take for this.

Thanks

EDIT: Or well, to be more specific, is there a better way other than "mount" "warp character" "unmount" "warp character"?
As I would like to move quite a few items to different locations so if I have to do it with the characters warping it might take some time to move everything ( and they could fall in a bad spot when I do it )
eekdon

Re: Moving of in game items.

moretech wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:16 pm Hi,

For my own custom story I am wondering if it is possible to have the items moved to an other location as where they normally start.

For example, moving the "Pizza Box" to an other place in the house, such as moving it to the garage or something.

I am using story editor version 0.7.0 right now.

I tried to see if the option as under the items in the story or if is is available as an event trigger but I can't seem to find the option in there to move an item. So I just want to know if it is possible, and if so, what steps should I take for this.

Thanks

EDIT: Or well, to be more specific, is there a better way other than "mount" "warp character" "unmount" "warp character"?
As I would like to move quite a few items to different locations so if I have to do it with the characters warping it might take some time to move everything ( and they could fall in a bad spot when I do it )
Hey, unfortunately there's not really a graceful way to do that right now, but we've got a ticket open to look into adding such a function. If you're working on custom stories you will want to update to the newest version; otherwise users running 0.11.3 (and soon 0.12.x) may not be able to play your story.
peter980

I'm pleasantly with some creativity used here to move items.
moretech

erasmus wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:06 am Hey, unfortunately there's not really a graceful way to do that right now, but we've got a ticket open to look into adding such a function. If you're working on custom stories you will want to update to the newest version; otherwise users running 0.11.3 (and soon 0.12.x) may not be able to play your story.
Hey, thanks for the reply.
I do already have the latest version right now unless it updated within the last week.

Thanks for the hint anyway, I am almost done the Amy part for my own custom story and then I will start to work on other characters.

The story itself will be about as long as the original story, potentially longer, Amy had 78 dialogue lines right now and that is without the dialogues for conversations with other characters / quests as well as no basic messages yet, within these 78 dialogue lines there are also multiple ones that have "alternate" messages so it will still be a while before I can post it so hopefully not too many things change with the game / creator that might make it not work with later versions.