Is copy/past possible on CSC ?

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Nejiro

Is copy/past possible on CSC ?

I'm starting working an a new custom story, but I'm seing that's it's very time consuming :lol:

To help me, I would like to know if somebody have tips to use the CSC faster like copy/past of events or criterias per example.

thank you in advances
flyeatsdog

Re: Is copy/past possible on CSC ?

When you open a event you got a button "C" on the right side, it copies the event with it's criteria. Next to "Add Game Event" will a button appear called "Paste Game Event".
You can't copy criteria-only in CSC. I think if you open the file with notepad++ you could copy paste criteria, but i got no experience with that.

You can pre-write your dialogues somewhere else and then copy-paste it into dialogues, but you need to right click to paste,
Crtl+V doesn't seem to work in CSC.

When you want to make a trigger to enable/disable/perform a event trigger and you don't want to scroll
trough the whole list you can press a letter to jump to the next event trigger that starts with that letter.

When i got a big list of event triggers i start to create empty event triggers and call them x and xx.
So i just need to press x to jump to that area and another time x to jump to the next event trigger that starts with x,
so i kinda use it like a "page down" button to save some time when i have to disable/enable/perform a event trigger.

When you want to copy paste whole characters you can export the file, open it with notepad++, search and replace the name of character,
and then import it again.
Nejiro

Thank you very much, it will help me

best regards
flyeatsdog

No problem.
Another thing that just came to my mind.
When i edit values or add criteria for values i do it mainly with the keyboard.
With "Tab" "Enter" and the starting letter of what you want to choose, it goes alot faster than with using the mouse in my opinion.
It's only annoying when you have to choose Patrick/Player/PhoneCall/Ashley.
But when you select them in the upper left window, you can change their name in the right window.
This name will be used in the CSC-selection. So like i could change Ashley to YYY. No more problem quick selecting her in CSC.
When i'm done i change the name back. Export the file, replace YYY with Ashley in notepad++, import it again.
This is only handy if you do alot of changes. Not worth the effort if you just make like 5 values/criterias.
peter980

Mixed CSC + text editor approach is the best.

If you need to do some copy/replace not possible inside CSC, then export, edit in text editor and import back.

Use strengths of both platforms.