Move Target Issue

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
e2pii

Re: Move Target Issue

TIL there's a debug log on F5.

Unity 2017.4.7f1 (after uninstalling 2018.1.6f1)

Both Amy.character and Test.story were exported with "Export Story" (individually) to the Stories/Test folder.
The Test.story was an Import from the Original Story, and the missing characters were causing the debug console to flood and be unusable, so I cleared it, added in the appropriate door ItemOverrides (in Unity) and redid the test to the same result.

I've included the debuglog in the zip (in game, it showed what I expected.) If recreating the test, I'd suggest opening all the doors first. And some required the console for some reason.
Attachments
Test.zip
(26.75 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
Last edited by e2pii on Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
e2pii

And I want to emphasize I was only considering ReachesTargets on the Move Target list, not the Items list.

Amy's Increment and Locator event triggers control where she walks to and cleanup if the prior ReachesTarget fired.

And I believe I did get an event trigger on Outside Sofa 1 Middle to fire in Xtended Story by renaming the WalkTo and ReachesTarget to not have the spaces.
eekdon

Ok thanks I will take a look when I get a few. I was able to recreate the issue in my own story, which wasn't using values but instead just GameStart initiated WalkTos, then ReachTarget triggers, and gamemessage announcements as the "listener". I used some pretty generous delays and while the armchair walkto and listener worked fine, everything fell apart at the outsidesofa1middle.

Myself and the lead dev are looking into this over the next week. Also found a weird hover-text and StoryData issue while testing this report out...so maybe a two-fer! :P