Difficulty editing strings in Unity 2018.1.6f1

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
e2pii

Difficulty editing strings in Unity 2018.1.6f1

Am I not supposed to be able to use Backspace, Delete, or the Arrow Keys in the Inspector?

It makes modding / debugging such a pain.

I suspect this is a Unity issue but am hoping there's a known fix.
ttant

Re: Difficulty editing strings in Unity 2018.1.6f1

Csc 0.8.0 was not meant for this version of Unity:

According to viewtopic.php?t=64, you should use 2017.4.7.
Using a newer or older version might create such issues (method not found -> crash).
eekdon

Yeah, I agree with ttant. While it is a bit of a pain to roll back to a previous version, we have seen a few other users' input, typing, and empty field/exception issues with the HP CSC resolved by using the same version of Unity that we do.
e2pii

After "downgrade", the problem persists.

I'm guessing its a "bug" in Unity as I'm just closing the login prompt instead of bothering with registration. I'm using Unity as a glorified test editor here, so I'm not bothering with making yet another account to spam my email.

Is there a cheat sheet anywhere for the "magic numbers" and various structures' properties so I can just use a text editor to work the JSON? Or am I going to have to research that stuff on my own?
ttant

Expect from the pose overview (which is almost up to date): viewtopic.php?f=9&t=292
I'm not aware of such resources. I think, you will have to create them on your own (and feel free to share them for other) ;)