Need tips & help with my first ever story.

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Tekwiz

Need tips & help with my first ever story.

Hi! So I'm new at making a custom story for House Party, and I was wondering if I could have some advice/tips please?

I've struggled so far to get any of the characters (excluding all the DLC folks) to actually spawn into the house,
so that definitely tells me I haven't touched Unity in so long lol.
ttant

Re: Need tips & help with my first ever story.

I think, you missed the pinned post about enabling a npc : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1259
Also, you may want to have a look at other tutorials : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=35
Tekwiz

ttant wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:48 pm I think, you missed the pinned post about enabling a npc : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1259
Also, you may want to have a look at other tutorials : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=35
Ok so I've tried to enable an NPC as per the first link you put: Here's an image of me enabling NPC: https://imgur.com/a/p3Dx3Ru

So far she hasn't shown up in map unless I'm completely forgetting something?
Image of map test: https://imgur.com/a/tjQuCMn

Also I did watch the tutorials, but had to stop due to the UI being so different and a little jarring.

I really do appreciate the reply, it's nice to resolve something with a bit of help :)
ttant

As i have no idea what went wrong, i directly ask dev team to look at your post and here is their answer:
When an NPC is enabled, they are sent to a place called the "Loading Dock". This is a place in the world that's away from the rest of the house and inaccessible through normal gameplay. To bring a character from the Loading Dock into the house, use a "Warp To" event and select any available location.

For example, to bring Madison into the house you will need two actions in the CSC:
-Enable NPC Madison
-Warp Madison To Kitchen

The Loading Dock lets you have a bit more control over where and when your NPCs spawn in your custom story. Good luck and let us know if you have any further questions!
Tekwiz

ttant wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:23 pm As i have no idea what went wrong, i directly ask dev team to look at your post and here is their answer:
Thank you so much for reaching out to them TTant, I really appreciate this! Also could you ask them if there's any chance of a new up-to-date custom story tutorial series anytime soon? It'd be really helpful since Unity has changed since those videos. Thanks again. :D
chimneyfish

After enabling them, you need to use Warp To to put them somewhere on the map. It's best to put the Warp To in a New Game Starts event for each NPC to ensure the enable has finished before the warp triggers.
Tekwiz

Thank you everybody for the help! Unfortunately haven't been able to get the in-game radial to show yet, but I'm trying to figure it out albeit slowly but feel free to drop any advice you have.