Dialogue with 'exits vision' trigger results in creepy stalker NPC

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
arwing

Dialogue with 'exits vision' trigger results in creepy stalker NPC

Hello everyone, long time lurker and peruser of custom stories here. First time experimenting with the CSC.

Everything is going great, except I have one issue I am stuck on. I want to trigger a line of dialogue when the player exits an NPC's vision (or vice versa). This results in the NPC following the player. Instead, I want the NPC to stay put while the player can walk away. Specifically, I am trying to get an NPC to tell the player to "shut the door!" after the player leaves their vision. I have tried this multiple ways, including having the dialogue directed at an inactive NPC instead of the player, but the result is the same. I tested the NPC performing a different event (like undressing) and they stay where they are, so it is obviously related to dialogue specifically.

Any solutions?
chimneyfish

Re: Dialogue with 'exits vision' trigger results in creepy stalker NPC

Try having the dialogue directed to the NPC themself (i.e., they're talking to themself).
peter980

Yes, that is exactly what should be done.
arwing

You are gentlemen and scholars, the both of you. That has to be the one thing I didn't try lol.

Expect to see a new story in the showcase forum within the next couple weeks (hopefully, work and school permitting). I'm having a blast with the CSC so far.