New Features Of The Dialogue System

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
MajorDong

New Features Of The Dialogue System

So the latest CSC has a new tab in the dialogue items, for Tones and Topics.

Thus far, I can't see how either of these items can actually be used, so am I correct in assuming that these features are currantly useless, and have only been added in preparation for future updates?

I'd be interested to know if we'll eventually be able to create our own topics, to add to the preexisting list.

Also, we've gotten a space laid out for the future implementation of "Dynamic Dialogue". I know this isn't coming for a while, but does anyone know precisely what "Dynamic Dialogue" is going to be? I'm curious to hear some details about what this new feature is going to do. Does it tie in with the Tones and Topics parameters we've gotten in this most recent update?
fighteer

Re: New Features Of The Dialogue System

As you noted, these appear to be part of the framework of an updated dialogue system in which characters can interact with each other using various cues. It is not implemented in the main game, so attempting to use the settings in CSC will do nothing, and we have no documentation.

Basically, it's a placeholder for something happening in the future.
MajorDong

fighteer wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:12 pm As you noted, these appear to be part of the framework of an updated dialogue system in which characters can interact with each other using various cues. It is not implemented in the main game, so attempting to use the settings in CSC will do nothing, and we have no documentation.

Basically, it's a placeholder for something happening in the future.
As I figured, then.

Thanks!
nikolausricky

These seem like the building pieces for a new speaking system where characters can communicate using various signals, as you said. Because it's not in the main game and there's no documentation, CSC settings won't work.
caylakling

MajorDong wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:21 pm So the latest CSC has a new tab in the dialogue items, for Tones and Topics.

Thus far, I can't see how either of these items can actually be used, so am I correct in assuming that these features are currantly useless, and have only been added in preparation for future updates?

I'd be interested to know if we'll eventually be able to create our own topics, to add to the preexisting list.

Also, we've gotten a space laid out for the future implementation of "Dynamic Dialogue". I know this isn't coming for a while, but does anyone know precisely what "Dynamic Dialogue" is going to be? I'm curious to hear some details about what this new feature is going to do. Does it tie in with the Tones and Topics parameters we've gotten in this most recent update?
It's a placeholder for something happening in the future.