What do I need to get started?

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Qorbs13

What do I need to get started?

Hi, I'm new to this community and was trying to create a custom to share but when I try to load a story into the game it displays a message saying. "Error: Story unplayable due to failed integrity check. Files missing or corrupted. Or story version is invalid." If anyone knows what's wrong or if this is a simple mistake on my end. I am also using the latest versions.
chimneyfish

Re: What do I need to get started?

Qorbs13 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:39 pm Hi, I'm new to this community and was trying to create a custom to share but when I try to load a story into the game it displays a message saying. "Error: Story unplayable due to failed integrity check. Files missing or corrupted. Or story version is invalid." If anyone knows what's wrong or if this is a simple mistake on my end. I am also using the latest versions.
I haven't seen that specific error before, but in general, after exporting from the CSC, your story should be in a folder in your \House Party\Mods\Stories directory. The folder name should be the name of your story. Inside that folder there should be a *.story file, where * is the name of your story (same as the folder name) and at least one *.character file.