Custom Story Creator Documentation

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Yrrab

Custom Story Creator Documentation

Hey guys,

Love the game.

I have started making my own stories and have watched all the tutorial videos and this forum. I'm still a little lost though.

Is there any documentation for the CSC other than the videos? Here are the bits I'm stuck on.. maybe someone can help?

1. How does the dialogue system work?
2. Can you place characters in EXACT positions (rather than the areas already set up).
3. Can you change things like orgasmSensitivity for NPC's in the CSC? Can this be changed on the fly (kinda like the thing with Vicki's story).
4. Can someone please explain player Values? Are these just boolean variables which are either true or false?

Thank you in advance for any help. I'm really enjoying the game and the CSC.

Yrrab
eekdon

Re: Custom Story Creator Documentation

1) That's a bit complex, but it basically works on a queue. You'll have to be more specific with your question.

2) The valid options are MoveTarget, Item, another Character. You cannot move them to exact Vector3 (X,Y,Z) coordinates.

3) Yes; it's just ModifyValue : CharacterName : OrgasmSensitivity : YourValueHere#

4) What we refer to as "Character Values" are technically Key:Value pairs.

The key of the pair is always an alphanumeric string. You add these for each Character/Character Story under the "Values" dropdown, and then select them later via a dropdown in a game event in the CSC.

Within said game events, like ModifyValue, you define the value of the pair as another string. But this string can be anything.

Look in the Original Story for some usages of this. You could have a Player Value keyed/called "WhatAmIDoing" be set to "2.5", "True", "WalkingThere", "222", etc. Some Values interact with or are acted upon by the engine, such as Orgasm, Bladder, Attribute:Health, etc., so while any Value can be modified in runtime, Values with engine-related interactions may change for reasons outside your control.
Yrrab

Re: Custom Story Creator Documentation

Thanks for taking the time to reply. This is all really helpful!