Max dialogs?

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
dev_n

Max dialogs?

I was storyboarding an idea and, if I wind up doing it, would be ~1000 pages of dialog per character.

The last one I made had around 350 dialogs per character and I noticed it started bogging down the CSC.

Has anyone ever tried doing a story with this order of magnitude of dialogs per character? I'm wondering if there is a hard cap on the amount of dialogs that can be added or if it breaks the CSC at some point, or bogs it down so much as to be unworkable.
chimneyfish

Re: Max dialogs?

Not sure. Random Party has 276 lines of dialog x 10 characters. The only time I have CSC bog down is on the events tab if I have a lot of events expanded. Never had a problem in dialogs.
dev_n

Thanks. Think I'm gonna scale it back a bit anyway since I did a back-of-the-envelope word count calculation for what I was planning and it would have been the equivalent of writing 16 novels :shock: .

Is there any shortcut to scrolling through the dialogs when entering one in an event? Like to find an event or a value in a list quickly you can type the first letter, haven't come across anything better than the down arrow for selecting dialogs. Starts to get tedious scrolling all the way to the end of the list every time once you have more than 200 dialogs or so.
chimneyfish

Up arrow from the top of the list should take you to the last dialog line. Still doesn't get you quickly to the middle of the list, but at least you can cut scrolling in half if you're strategic about it.
dev_n

Holy crap, I've geen using the CSC for nearly a year now and literally never tried the up arrow :oops:

Learn something new every day. Thx m8!