NPC's talking to one another

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
RickM0402

NPC's talking to one another

Hey all,
So the topic is pretty self-explanatory, I'm trying to make it where Amy and Madison talk to each other no matter how far away from each other they are. Would anyone know how I would be able to do this?
chimneyfish

Re: NPC's talking to one another

I assume you mean for dialogue to display while the player listens? If so, it's pretty simple:

Amy says something.

Add a player response, something like (listen) or *listen*

In the CSC events for that player response, add an event Dialogue : Madison : Trigger : XXX, where XXX is the line of dialogue you've created where Madison responds to Amy.

Note: An interesting feature to be aware of is that for each line of dialogue, there's also a "speaking to" dropdown. By default, it's set to "Player." This makes the character turn to and ultimately move to the player when speaking their line. If you don't want this to happen, it can be useful to change that dropdown as well. In the example above, you might want the Amy line to be "speaking to" Madison and the Madison line to be "speaking to" Amy. This would make them come together a bit as they yell at each other across the house.
ttant

Re: NPC's talking to one another

You also can use brittney - patrick dialogs exchange in original story as example of one way to achieve that ;)