Random Vocals

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
JohnnyTK

Random Vocals

I've just started a new story, using the blank story template. I put in a section of dialogue with the basic event commands, basically, just fleshing out the intro. I played it through and though everything is working as intended, there are random vocal lines being spoken. So I', getting the text I put in, but the character is speaking the vocal parts from the original story.

Not had this previously. Any ideas?
JohnnyTK

Re: Random Vocals

I managed to sort this out (not sure how I did it) but now having issues getting anyone to sit in a specific seat. The option never seems to be there.
ttant

In theory, Custom story can not have voiced line.
The two only way I can think of are :
* You left "Original story" as Custom story name, thus making the HP engine bug, playing the voiced line.
* You override Original story file, which allow HP to play voiced line.

Anyhow, voiced line and text are completely independent.
Voiced line are pre-registered audio file played when asked by the engine. There is no robot telling what is written.

For the seat issue, i'll let peter980 or erasmus answer you.
JohnnyTK

Yeah, that figures, I think I got rid of it by deleting a character I copied from a previous save. It's possible I brought something across. Anyway, that is fixed, thanks for the reply.
The seating issue still isn't though. I have set all seating enabled but even the player can't use the chairs.