Various Dances

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
MajorDong

Various Dances

Is there a way to control how a character dances? Or does each character have their own preset dance routine?

Like, you know how in the main menu characters like Ashley and Vickie have really sensual hip-rocking dances, while Patrick has more of an epileptic fit? Can we configure our characters to use any of those dance styles?

I have vague recollections that in earlier versions of the CSC there was some setting like "Dancing Skill", or something, but either that's been phased out or I've simply forgotten how to find it.
peter980

Re: Various Dances

This is controlled by "Dancing:Skill" variable for each character.

NPC characters start with 3 by default and the player with 1.

Stephanie, in the Original Story, starts with 6 and can go to 9 after giving whippits. This is why her dance moves are advanced.

Rachael and Lety go to 10 after you choose to not destroy the party.

What this means is the number of dancing animations available. With 1 you have one, with 3 you have three, and with 9 all 9 possible animations. I'm pretty sure going above 9 does not do anything.

Only female characters have animations over 1, so for males, there is no difference between setting them to 1 or 9.

Also, there is a special case of Patrick-style dance. That one is for the value of "-1".
peter980

One more thing: If you are creating a new story you need to add "Dancing:Skill" in the list of variables for a specific character to be visible in the drop-down menu for Modify Value.
MajorDong

Grasias! :D