[Complete Story] Random Party [1.3.0]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
hobbes___

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [0.18.2]

chimneyfish wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:46 pm Thanks Hobbes and Peter! I'm glad people are playing this (still!)
To me, it's a side effect of lockdown ;)

I've recently tried all of the major custom stories and yours is the most replayable because of the random characters.

What I've been wondering is if it could be improved. Like adding the male characters and allowing them also to try their luck with the girls (results may vary according to each's personality, drunk level, etc.) or even between themselves. Or giving some extra quests to learn more about their personalities without having to use ComputerBrah.
[/quote]
She should still accept booze whether on not she's hungry. Unless she just doesn't like booze at all. But I think what you might be seeing is: (1) Lety accepts booze, (2) you ask her to have some fun, and (3) she says no because she's hungry. Is that it? If so, I will have to fix that...
I got this issue again: girl gets hungry, pizza gets ordered, and she's still hungry afterwards, but this time I gave her the sweeties/chocolate/etc. and she finally stopped being hungry.
Have you found the bath bombs? Without giving too much away, they can facilitate certain things...
I've tried the bath bombs but so far the girls usually complain and I couldn't figure how the actual results so I haven't really used them. Will try them more.
chimneyfish

hobbes___ wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:15 am I've tried the bath bombs but so far the girls usually complain and I couldn't figure how the actual results so I haven't really used them. Will try them more.
You need to use them in a specific way. There's a (very subtle) hint in the warning on the box :twisted:
hobbes___

chimneyfish wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:29 amYou need to use them in a specific way. There's a (very subtle) hint in the warning on the box :twisted:
Got it, yeah it's useful :D

I finally figured out how to load your story into the Story Creator to have a look under the hood. I have a couple ideas for extra quests to make the story more challenging. I'm gonna see how hard it would be to implement them.
chimneyfish

Because someone asked for them, I'm attaching some older versions of Random Party to this post.

These will NOT work in the current version of House Party, so ignore them if your game is up to date.
Attachments
Random Party 17.3.1.zip
(7.63 MiB) Downloaded 182 times
Random Party 16.5.3.zip
(5.91 MiB) Downloaded 169 times
hobbes___

OK, I've had some time to actually try implementing an idea I had about this mod.

Since the girls all have random characteristics (romance towards other characters, likes women, etc.) what I thought would be to have the NPCs actively trying their luck regarding party hookups. So, if Amy likes women and also fancies Ashley, she'll spend the party looking for her. Then, when both are together and if both like one another then they'll start talking (and the player can get some intel about them from listening to the conversation). Then, if both get a little booze then they'll start making out with one another, and it will keep escalating from there, with the possibility that they'll allow the player to join in, or kick him out of the room if they're shy, etc., or even be angry... interfere at your own risk!

I'm still implementing and testing this (or trying to figure out how everything works, basically) but I was wondering if this is something you would be interested in adding to the mod.
chimneyfish

hobbes___ wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:08 am ...Then, if both get a little booze then they'll start making out with one another, and it will keep escalating from there, with the possibility that they'll allow the player to join in, or kick him out of the room if they're shy, etc., or even be angry... interfere at your own risk!
Yes, this last part (girls spontaneously making with each other and possibly escalating) is on my long-term list.

The conversation idea is interesting, too. Although it has the potential to interrupt things the player might be more interest in, if it happens spontaneously and too frequently.

Maybe if it were something the player triggers, saying "I think X girl might be interested in you..." Then it could be programmed similarly to how you ask one girl to help another drunk girl get home.
hobbes___

chimneyfish wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:22 amYes, this last part (girls spontaneously making with each other and possibly escalating) is on my long-term list.

The conversation idea is interesting, too. Although it has the potential to interrupt things the player might be more interest in, if it happens spontaneously and too frequently.

Maybe if it were something the player triggers, saying "I think X girl might be interested in you..." Then it could be programmed similarly to how you ask one girl to help another drunk girl get home.
How I have this implemented so far is through linked events:

BrittneyLesbianWalkToAmy - if Brittney likes women and has a crush on Amy, then Brittney will periodically check on her (and potentially catching the player being intimate with Amy - keep those doors locked!)
BrittneyLesbianFlirtAmy - when Brittney is near Amy, and Amy also has an interest on Brittney then they'll talk a bit (happens once and only if the player is watching)
BrittneyLesbianKissAmy - if both already talked and meanwhile they get a little booze, then they'll make out (happens once and only if the player is watching)
Finally, if they have made out then next step is sex, either public or private, and giving the chance for the player to interrupt them (results may vary). The chance of sex also depends on her personality values, and both girls might also decide to leave the party together afterwards (so the player may have to find a way to ruin their fun to prevent this).

The last part I haven't implemented yet but the other three seemed to be working. The conversation idea I got from Amy on the original story when she stubs her toe and the player overhears her complaining.

My main difficulty so far is understanding exactly the little details of events/dialogues. And just implementing this for one of the girls is a ton of work already, I'm trying to figure out a way to more easily edit the story and character files since it's a matter of finishing a template (the first girl) and then copy/paste it for the others.
chimneyfish

Sounds very promising and actually simpler than what I had in mind, which was to have these things trigger when they just happened to encounter each other. The once only escalating periodic is a good solution.

What I do in creating this story is implement all changes for one girl only (Amy), then export the story, then I use a text editor (Notepad++) and a series of macros to create the other girl's character files from Amy's. Then re-import the story. Saves a ton of time.

I would share those macros with you, but I can't right now. My main computer is having boot issues, so I can't access the drive they're on. I'm hoping to be able to recover the data from that drive, because I will be very sad if they are lost forever...
hobbes___

chimneyfish wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:29 pmWhat I do in creating this story is implement all changes for one girl only (Amy), then export the story, then I use a text editor (Notepad++) and a series of macros to create the other girl's character files from Amy's. Then re-import the story. Saves a ton of time.

I would share those macros with you, but I can't right now. My main computer is having boot issues, so I can't access the drive they're on. I'm hoping to be able to recover the data from that drive, because I will be very sad if they are lost forever...
Just tried using Notepad++ and Find/Replace to implement the changes to another girl and that was easier than I had expected, I'm actually going to start testing this system of encounters with all of them to see how it changes the party dynamic.

EDIT: one interesting detail I've noticed is that the amount of replaces required for each character don't match. For instance, N++ required 124 edits to replace the string 'Brittney' in the Amy character file, but only 100 on the Lety file. I'm assuming is because some of the character files have slight differences, rather than being just copies? If so, then my method needs some refining.
chimneyfish

hobbes___ wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:40 pm
chimneyfish wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:29 pmWhat I do in creating this story is implement all changes for one girl only (Amy), then export the story, then I use a text editor (Notepad++) and a series of macros to create the other girl's character files from Amy's. Then re-import the story. Saves a ton of time.

Just tried using Notepad++ and Find/Replace to implement the changes to another girl and that was easier than I had expected, I'm actually going to start testing this system of encounters with all of them to see how it changes the party dynamic.

EDIT: one interesting detail I've noticed is that the amount of replaces required for each character don't match. For instance, N++ required 124 edits to replace the string 'Brittney' in the Amy character file, but only 100 on the Lety file. I'm assuming is because some of the character files have slight differences, rather than being just copies? If so, then my method needs some refining.
I believe you should encounter more occurrences of Amy, Brittney, and Vickie (maybe also Katherine) than other characters because they have some special handling for their different clothing sets. I'm not exactly sure because my macros don't have the workflow you're describing.

I have managed to recover my macros, though, if you think those would help you experiment.