[Complete Story] Random Party [1.3.0]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
SDplus

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [0.19.4]

SDplus wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:07 am So, I manged to run into something more that I am unable to solve and/or find an answer to.
I have a girl who refuses to do anything before she gets a drink. She doesn't Like Beer, She doesn't like Wine, She is particular about hard Liquor. She refuses Whiskey (or flask), She refuses Rum (in cup or not), She refuses Tequila (In Cup or not), She Refuses Vodka (In Cup or Not), She Refuses Thermos of Death. She is not into Soda.

I have found several hints that it would be possible to mix a drink in at least one way, and I have failed everything I've tried.
She also seems to be the rebound type as she started out at Lust Level, But I can't raise enything as she wants a drink first.

I am convinced I am missing something blatantly obvious and are overthinking this... :)
Any hint that can help me solve this would be nice.
Ok, as I thought. Solved it myself. Cup of Rum used with Soda seemed to be the only way to mix it... I'm certain I tried it before, but that way it worked at least and at last... :)
wrathofdoom

chimneyfish wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:59 pm However, given that, the change you posted looks like it will do what you want it to. You definitely will have to make changes in multiple places. All those places could be hard to find, so I wish you luck. I'd be interested to see what you come up with.
So, in order to avoid hunting for and changing all these places (including those for Exhibitionism and Shy) I added some values and trigger events to manage the evolving traits. There is an assumption that these Personality traits are not altered within your current story except at start up.

I've completed my mods to the point that I'm satisfied they function as expected (I still need to do a bit of clean up to be complete).

I sent you a PM, but I'm not sure if you got it. It shows up in my outbox and not my sent folder, but it is marked as sent, so I don't know the real status or how to resolve.
Jakexu

Can you add a Chinese?
hobbes___

Been playing the new version quite a bit. Here's my feedback.

I like how you implemented that idea of spontaneous GTG... like I said then, you'd do a better job of integrating it with your existing mechanics. It's a nice way to put some pressure on the player to either prioritize the lesbians or risk the loss of romance when they start having fun together.

About the malus -2 romance when they complete GTG, you get the game notice (Amy -2 with the colored icon) but you don't get any explanation (like when they get interrupted).
My suggestions would be to
a) Remove those mod notices (Amy and *** got interrupted) and just use the game notices. Or
b) Just add a generic reminder for the player to check on other girls (a 'hunch', 'intuiton', whatever), without specifying which ones (up to the player to discover) and limited either when they start making out or when they finish.

Finally, the malus only applies to one of the girls involved, which doesn't make sense (should be both of them).

Sometimes (when I'm watching the girls starting GTG from a distance) they seem to stop for no apparent reason, even if there's no one around them.

The change to the sunglasses (if you are wearing them and the girl dislikes them, you'll get a romance/friendship malus) makes them too risky to use, when considering that you can use the bath bombs to make a girl always like the cheesy pickups while in the hot tub.

With the new hot tub animation the mysterious key is almost impossible to spot for new players, unless you know that the key should be there.
wrathofdoom

I sent you another PM with a link to My Random Story
wrathofdoom

I believe I found an odd dialog behavior in JealousyHandler

The following dialog is triggered when:
the character notices the player being intimate with another character
the character is not jealous < -50
the character is VoyeurWatching = 1
Dialog 181: [Player Having Sex with Someone Else]Ummm... Shouldn't you be paying attention to her, not me?

I'm not sure what the programming intent was, but the dialog seems out of place, since I was not attempting any interaction with the character.

It seems like it should trigger Dialog 180: "[Voyeur Keep Watching Sex]Damn, this is hot! You two are turning me on!". but that gets triggered elsewhere already.
eekgameuser

Hard to believe 2 years have passed since this random party began. Still having lots of fun with it, thanks for all the hard work.

It may be coincidence or I could be doing something wrong but the last two games I tried I had no variety in "preferential stimulant". Whatever the first girl wants it seems all the girls want. In the first game the first girl drank only soda and the next 5 girls that I asked wanted soft drinks as well. I quickly ran out of soft drinks so I ended the game rather than use the tablet.

The second game I tried the first girl wanted weed and then the next 4 girls wanted it so seeing the pattern I stopped playing again.

Is it just an amazing coincidence, something I'm doing or something buggy?

Again, great custom story.
wrathofdoom

I Had a similar problem the other day, most of the girls were stoners. I ran out of snacks real quick.
I may look at the script and see if there is something going on, or if a simple mitigation can be implemented.
eekgameuser

wrathofdoom wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:59 am I Had a similar problem the other day, most of the girls were stoners. I ran out of snacks real quick.
I may look at the script and see if there is something going on, or if a simple mitigation can be implemented.
Thanks for the heads up. I now know if I'm going to play this custom story I'll have to use the tablet.
chimneyfish

eekgameuser wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:42 am Hard to believe 2 years have passed since this random party began. Still having lots of fun with it, thanks for all the hard work.

It may be coincidence or I could be doing something wrong but the last two games I tried I had no variety in "preferential stimulant". Whatever the first girl wants it seems all the girls want. In the first game the first girl drank only soda and the next 5 girls that I asked wanted soft drinks as well. I quickly ran out of soft drinks so I ended the game rather than use the tablet.

The second game I tried the first girl wanted weed and then the next 4 girls wanted it so seeing the pattern I stopped playing again.

Is it just an amazing coincidence, something I'm doing or something buggy?

Again, great custom story.
I just tested this in version 19.4.0. First four girls I talked to: 2 wanted soda, 1 would drink anything, and 1 wanted weed. I'm pretty sure what you observed is just a wild coincidence.