[Complete Story] Random Party [1.3.0]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
chimneyfish

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [0.16.5]

A couple of things could be happening.

First, the requirements for the quest Making Memories change depending on the hostess' personality. Sometimes she wants fully clothed pictures, other times she wants some nudity. The text in the quest description *should* indicate which path you're on. It's possible in the second playthrough she actually wanted nudity.

Second, the camera functions will sometimes count girls in the background. So if there was a girl in the hot tub with her top off in one of your shots that might cause you to fail the no nudity version of the quest, even though the girl you were focusing on was fully clothed.

I can't say exactly what might have happened in your two playthroughs, but I have been able to complete both versions of the quests in testing. If you're still consistently having trouble completing it, post a save game here and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

The good news is that failing this quest shouldn't ruin your game. You miss out on a couple of romance points with the host, but it's usually pretty easy to find points for her and get to the end game.
eekgameuser

chimneyfish wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:16 am A couple of things could be happening.

First, the requirements for the quest Making Memories change depending on the hostess' personality. Sometimes she wants fully clothed pictures, other times she wants some nudity. The text in the quest description *should* indicate which path you're on. It's possible in the second playthrough she actually wanted nudity.

Second, the camera functions will sometimes count girls in the background. So if there was a girl in the hot tub with her top off in one of your shots that might cause you to fail the no nudity version of the quest, even though the girl you were focusing on was fully clothed.

I can't say exactly what might have happened in your two playthroughs, but I have been able to complete both versions of the quests in testing. If you're still consistently having trouble completing it, post a save game here and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

The good news is that failing this quest shouldn't ruin your game. You miss out on a couple of romance points with the host, but it's usually pretty easy to find points for her and get to the end game.
Thanks for the quick reply and the helpful hints. I'll try it again and pay more attention to the quest and the backgrounds of the pictures I'm trying to take. Your right that even if it's a bug it's not a game breaker. Thanks again for all your hard work.
CanisLupus

Thank you for this awsome story. I just have two remarks:
  • How is the "Strangers In The Night" achievement even possible? As soon as you even talk to a random girl you learn their name.
  • The opportunity about getting hints from the diary never shows up as "active". Only as "failed" when you actually look.
And, related to the last one: This opportunity shouldn't show up after you have actually won the affection of all girls (including the host). What's wrong with a little recap after the fact?

I think "not locking any doors" and "not referring to the diary" should be two separate opprtunities and also trigger two separate achievements.

Thanks for the good work.
eekgameuser

eekgameuser wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:31 am
chimneyfish wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:16 am A couple of things could be happening.

Thanks for the quick reply and the helpful hints. I'll try it again and pay more attention to the quest and the backgrounds of the pictures I'm trying to take. Your right that even if it's a bug it's not a game breaker. Thanks again for all your hard work.
*UPDATE*
Just tried another play through this time paying attention to the quest requirements and subject material, to the point of making sure that only one subject was in the photo at any one time and everything worked fine. Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to give me a few tips.
chimneyfish

CanisLupus wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:20 am Thank you for this awsome story. I just have two remarks:
  • How is the "Strangers In The Night" achievement even possible? As soon as you even talk to a random girl you learn their name.
It's tricky, but possible. If you give a girl something she wants (her phone, booze she likes), she'll say "thanks" and you'll have the opportunity to ask to have some fun. Repeat enough times to get her romance bar raised without ever clicking "Talk" and giving her a chance to introduce herself. Takes some trial and error, but I highly recommend trying it!
CanisLupus wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:20 am
  • The opportunity about getting hints from the diary never shows up as "active". Only as "failed" when you actually look.
I'll put this on my list to look into.
CanisLupus wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:20 amAnd, related to the last one: This opportunity shouldn't show up after you have actually won the affection of all girls (including the host). What's wrong with a little recap after the fact?

I think "not locking any doors" and "not referring to the diary" should be two separate opprtunities and also trigger two separate achievements.

Thanks for the good work.
These are good suggestions. I'll put them on my list.
chimneyfish

You get the quest "Play it Straight" as soon as you open the safe. So it should show up as active (it does in my tests). If you immediately pick up the diary and read it, it might not be active for very long, true, but it activates before you read.
CanisLupus wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:20 am And, related to the last one: This opportunity shouldn't show up after you have actually won the affection of all girls (including the host). What's wrong with a little recap after the fact?
This is a good suggestion. I've updated it for the next version (which I might not release until HP 0.17.3).
CanisLupus wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:20 am I think "not locking any doors" and "not referring to the diary" should be two separate opprtunities and also trigger two separate achievements.
These are already two separate opportunities "Play it Straight" and "Risk Taker." I'm keeping the single achievement because I don't think achievements should duplicate opportunities and because completing both opportunities in a single playthrough is harder than just completing one.
CanisLupus wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:20 am Thanks for the good work.
Thanks for playing and for the comments!
chimneyfish

chimneyfish wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:12 pm
You get the quest "Play it Straight" as soon as you open the safe. So it should show up as active (it does in my tests). If you immediately pick up the diary and read it, it might not be active for very long, true, but it activates before you read.
On a second look, I found a bug. The quest wasn't showing up under certain circumstances. Also fixed for the next version, thanks.
ttant

French translation updated as well (to 16.5.3 - still untested)
CanisLupus

1. Make out with any girl.
  2. Select "Slide it in".
  3. She asks if you have a condom and you do actually have one.
  4. You get to choose a position.
Whatever you choose the following sex scene will always be in the "cowgirl" position.

This bug does not occur when selecting a position after "I want to f**k you".
chimneyfish

CanisLupus wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:39 pm
  1. Make out with any girl.
  2. Select "Slide it in".
  3. She asks if you have a condom and you do actually have one.
  4. You get to choose a position.
Whatever you choose the following sex scene will always be in the "cowgirl" position.

This bug does not occur when selecting a position after "I want to f**k you".
Thanks! I think I've got this fixed n the next version...