[Complete Story] Random Party [1.3.0]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
ttant

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [0.19.4]

My guess:
* Using "original" language, text is displayed as-is.
* Using a translation, all the text replacement is done by the "id" (might be a real id, an uuid, or a text ; i mean the left part of the '|' in one line of one txt file).
I'm not sure that there is a cache per file (i mean a map of "id" -> "text") per character and another one for the story. I suppose there is only one cache for all.

Maybe don/erasmus can tell us more about that.
chimneyfish wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:55 am I'm confused. Why is bcf43787-31ca-4777-bc11-addfe7373d8c a problem when it's in txt files for different girls?

If that's a problem, why (just for example) isn't the very next line a problem?

Amy.txt
e74913cd-b15d-46c9-8244-5fc089011480|Cindy's Phone
Ashley.txt
e74913cd-b15d-46c9-8244-5fc089011480|Chloe's Phone
...and so on for other girls.

There are thousands of duplicate UUIDs in this story and always have been.
Your example is also an issue. there is others "errors" like that one, it might be difficult to list them all. ;)
chimneyfish

This story has had duplicate UUIDs across characters since the very beginning. So unless the translation has had problems with those all along, I'm guessing it uses the character files, not some central index.

If I'm wrong about that, there's not really a way to fix it. At this point there are (no exaggeration) thousands of UUIDs being re-used across characters.

And, actually, this is a pretty easy thing to test. I'll try it later today...
chimneyfish

Ugh, well, I tested it and these are indeed a problem. In fact, this story has never worked correctly in translation. The girls all get named using Amy's naming conventions, so there will be duplicate names and much confusion.

For example, in conversation, Stephanie will say her name is Kennedy, but the game gives her the name Jenna.

I feel bad, ttant, that you have spent so much time doing translations when they really won't work.

I see no real solution to this other than creating each girl's hundreds of event triggers from scratch, instead of by macro, which is just not possible given my available time to work on this. Maybe if there is ever a "final" version, I might do it, but not while I'm still making changes and adding features.
peter980

One solution:
As part of macro do replace of ids in such a way to add some sort of prefix for each girl.

Essentially replace first X characters of id with an identifier of a specific girl.
chimneyfish

peter980 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:25 pm One solution:
As part of macro do replace of ids in such a way to add some sort of prefix for each girl.

Essentially replace first X characters of id with an identifier of a specific girl.
It's a good idea, but I'm pretty sure I tested this and it doesn't work. I think the game doesn't like UUIDs it doesn't assign itself.
peter980

I pretty much use custom IDs myself in Gone Bad Party story,

Of course, the format needs to be correct.
chimneyfish

Hmmm, I'll take a look at what you did in Gone Bad. Still would be a lot of work, but a better solution than recreating all the events from scratch.
noobfromthe978

Knock knock, it's me. Could you post the complete list of traits as of the latest update? I deleted all my files on my Google Drive related to this story. I'm trying to recreate them.
Catch your magic moment
Do it right here and now
It means everything
-Van Halen, "Right Now"
chimneyfish

noobfromthe978 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:31 am Knock knock, it's me. Could you post the complete list of traits as of the latest update? I deleted all my files on my Google Drive related to this story. I'm trying to recreate them.
Sure! There are only a few minor updates from the previous list...

Overall Sluttiness
  • Frigid
  • Angry
  • No label #1 ("She's a pretty typical girl..."), but secretly slightly less likely to do stuff
  • No label ("She's a pretty typical girl...")
  • No label ("She's a pretty typical girl..."), but secretly slightly more likely to do suff
  • Slutty
  • Rebounding
Likes Women
  • Bisexual
  • Lesbian
  • No label (text will usually say something like "...generally only likes men...")

Cheesy Pickup Line Reaction
    • No-Nonsense
    • No label ("She'll fall for a cheesy pickup line, if it's a guy she likes")
    • Easy Going
    Exhibitionism
    • Modest
    • No label ("She's fairly confident about her body, although she's probably not going to run around the party naked")
    • Exhibitionist
    • Nudist
    Shyness
    • Shy
    • No label #1("She might make out in public if she's drunk, but nothing else.")
    • No label #2 ("She doesn't mind kissing in public, and she might even go further if she's drunk")
    • Bold
    • Adventurous
    Jealousy
    • Extremely Jealous
    • No label ("Like most girls, your chances with her will be better if you avoid letting her see you being intimate with other girls")
    • Open minded
    • Voyeur
    Booze
    • Drunky #1 ("She likes to pre-game before a party...")
    • Drunky #2 ("She likes booze...")
    • No label ("She's been known to drink alcohol from time to time... find out what kind of drinks she likes")
    • Teetotaler
    Marijuana
    • Stoner
    • No label ("She doesn't smoke weed")
    • Anti-drug
    Martial Arts
    • Deadly
    • No label (the diary will be silent about martial arts classes)
    And coming soon, probably in version 20.X.X:

Suggestible
    • Suggestible ("... easily influenced by her experiences with her peers and other people, so she might get less modest, more adventurous, and/or more open-minded over time")
    • No label (the diary will be silent about being suggestible)
noobfromthe978

Thanks, dood.
Catch your magic moment
Do it right here and now
It means everything
-Van Halen, "Right Now"