[Complete Story] Random Party [1.3.0]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
wrathofdoom

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [0.19.4]

I've been using your story for learning to script HSCSC by making some some of my own alterations.
I changed the dialog triggers that occur when the player is naked to emotes to get rid of the annoying interruptions; that worked really well.

I'm playing with morphing some of the character personality traits based on experiences and I started noticing some very odd behavior as I started lowering the Jealous stat.

Looking at Ashley's Event Trigger: AshleyJealousyHandler:

ModifyValue : Ashley : JealousyResponse : Equals : -1 (default to jealous)
<no criteria>

ModifyValue : Ashley : JealousyResponse : Equals : 1 (set interested)
<criteria> Personality : Ashley : Jealous : Equals : -100

ModifyValue : Ashley : JealousyResponse : Equals : 0 (set neutral)
<criteria> Personality : Ashley : Jealous : Equals : -50

ModifyValue : Ashley : JealousyResponse : Equals : 0 (set neutral)
<criteria> Personality : Ashley : Jealous : GreaterThan : -50
<criteria> Social : Ashley : Loves: Player : LessThan : 5

for the following:
Personality : Ashley : Jealous : -75 (almost interested, not jealous)
Social : Ashley : Loves: Player : 1 (not interested)

The result is that JealousyResponse becomes -1 (Jealous); this doesn't seem right as I found characters that I had hardly interacted with acting inappropriately jealous of me making out with my steady lover.

Here's the change I made:

ModifyValue : Ashley : JealousyResponse : Equals : 0 (default to neutral)
<no criteria>

ModifyValue : Ashley : JealousyResponse : Equals : 1 (set interested)
<criteria> Personality : Ashley : Jealous : Equals : -100

ModifyValue : Ashley : JealousyResponse : Equals : -1 (set jealous)
<criteria> Personality : Ashley : Jealous : GreaterThan : -50
<criteria> Social : Ashley : Loves: Player : GreaterThan : 4

I had to make similar changes in a couple other places for overhear and the Talk dialog.

Does this look correct?
chimneyfish

The reason you ran into issues with Jealous = -75 is that the story isn't set up to recognize the full range of possible personality values. There are generally only about four fixed values possible for each personality attribute, assigned by the initial randomization script. For example, for Jealous, the possible values are:
  • 100 (Extremely Jealous)
  • 0 (Normal)
  • -50 (Open Minded)
  • -100 (Voyeur)
The scripts aren't designed to deal with intermediate values like -75 or 2 or 69.

However, given that, the change you posted looks like it will do what you want it to. You definitely will have to make changes in multiple places. All those places could be hard to find, so I wish you luck. I'd be interested to see what you come up with.
wrathofdoom

Ah, I was suspecting such.
Hard to find is ok, it helps me learn things. At this point, I think I got a lot of the places covered.
If I fail, these checks shouldn't break anything and I can just follow the rules you outline for altering the stat, right?

I'm currently adding an [invite to watch] response for [Player Caught Having Sex, Neutral] it works pretty good so far.
SDplus

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [0.14.4]

DigitalSerpent7 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:02 am
CosminClaudiu wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:24 am
chimneyfish wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:44 pm
CosminClaudiu wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:36 pm Well, how i can order the food? That i cannot understand how i can because i don’t have a phone. Please Tell me in details. Thanks!
Can you think of another way to communicate with the outside world, other than a phone? Maybe think about what you're using to play House Party...
But how using what? Using console?
Dude...the computer. Lol
I must say, I try using the computers in the house, but none of them will do anything, it's "use with___" And any choices is "You can't do that". Take is greyed out, and info that one is a PC and the other is a Mac... It was a very long time since I played with the base game, back when movements in the house made me nauseous. That thing is better now. Most things go smoothly, however, I seemingly seldom gets a placement of the liquor cabinets key that I can find. Sometimes the safe code is near impossible. I have never seen anything in the hot tub at all which was suggested somewhere, never a search function there. But usually I find everything I need. However, this using the Computer to order food just stumps me...
chimneyfish

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [0.14.4]

SDplus wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:16 amI must say, I try using the computers in the house, but none of them will do anything, it's "use with___" And any choices is "You can't do that". Take is greyed out, and info that one is a PC and the other is a Mac...
You haven't completed all the steps needed to use the computer yet. First you have to know there's a girl who's hungry (you'll get the quest "Feed One Girl"). Then, you must talk to the hostess, ask about her party, then ask about food to get the quest "Feed Them All." Then you need the credit card. AFTER ALL OF THAT, right click on either computer and you'll see "Order Pizza."
SDplus wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:16 amMost things go smoothly, however, I seemingly seldom gets a placement of the liquor cabinets key that I can find. Sometimes the safe code is near impossible. I have never seen anything in the hot tub at all which was suggested somewhere, never a search function there. But usually I find everything I need. However, this using the Computer to order food just stumps me...
Possible locations for the key are: underneath the kettle in the pantry (pick up the kettle), under the water in the hot tub (no search function, you need to move the cursor around to find it, can be hard to see because of the bubbles), the washer, the dryer, the three clothes baskets, and the trash can in the kitchen.

You must first try to open the safe and find out that it's locked before you can find the safe code. AFTER THAT, possible locations for the code are: both desk drawers downstairs, the orange bin in the garage, both desk drawers in the upstairs study, the "box" (router) in the closet in the study, the dresser in the master bedroom, under the bed in the master bedroom, the nightstand in the master bedroom (the one that's not full of condoms), and the trash can in the kitchen.

If this is too hard, you can always use the tablet to cheat.
wrathofdoom

Evolving Personality traits

Here is a summary of some of the modifications I made for evolving the character personality traits:
To get the desired results I needed to alter Jealous, Exhibitionism, and Shy.

To avoid scouring the story for all references to personality settings I added additional values for storing the adjustments.
Whenever these values are changed, appropriate levels are assigned to the personality trait; this way, existing criteria does not need to be altered.
This a bit backward from how it should be done from a fresh start, but I believe it is an appropriate approach for this existing story.

I added these three Values to track the appropriate Personality traits:
JealousValue
ExhibitionismValue
ShyValue

Each trait has the following four Event Triggers:

Init<Personality> used only at the start of the game to copy Personality level into <Personality>Value

ModifyValue : <Character> : <Personality>Value : Equals : -100

ModifyValue : <Character> : <Personality>Value : Equals : 0 (for Shy, -50)
Criteria: Personality : <Character> : <Personality> : GreaterThan: -25 (for Shy, -75)

ModifyValue : <Character> : <Personality>Value : Equals : 50 (for Shy, 0)
Criteria: Personality : <Character> : <Personality> : GreaterThan: 25 (for Shy, -25)

ModifyValue : <Character> : <Personality>Value : Equals : 100
Criteria: Personality : <Character> : <Personality> : GreaterThan: 75 (for Shy, 25)

Set<Personality> assigns appropriate Personality level based on <Personality>Value

Personality : <Character> : <Personality> : Equals : -100

Personality : <Character> : <Personality> : Equals : 0 (for Shy, -50)
Criteria: Value : <Character> : <Personality>Value : GreaterThan: -25 (for Shy, -75)

Personality : <Character> : <Personality> : Equals : 50 (for Shy, 0)
Criteria: Value : <Character> : <Personality>Value : GreaterThan: 25 (for Shy, -25)

Personality : <Character> : <Personality> : Equals : 100
Criteria: Value : <Character> : <Personality>Value : GreaterThan: 75 (for Shy, 25)

Inc<Personality> adds 10 (capped at 100) to <Personality>Value and triggers Set<Personality>

ModifyValue : <Character> : <Personality> : Add : 10

ModifyValue : <Character> : <Personality> : Equals : 100
Criteria: Value : <Character> : <Personality>Value : GreaterThan : 100

EventTriggers : <Character> : <PerformEvent> : Set<Personality>

Dec<Personality> adds -10 (capped at -100) to <Personality>Value and triggers Set<Personality>

ModifyValue : <Character> : <Personality> : Add : -10

ModifyValue : <Character> : <Personality> : Equals : -100
Criteria: Value : <Character> : <Personality>Value : LessThan : -100

EventTriggers : <Character> : <PerformEvent> : Set<Personality>

So far, I am not using IncJealous, DecExhibitionism, or IncShy yet; I need to figure out where it may be appropriate.

Here are the trigger circumstances for DecJealous, IncExhibitionism, and DecShy:
DecJealous: For the Character when <Character>JealousyHandler is triggered
IncExhibitionism: For the Player's Partner when another Character is accepted to watch (becomes a voyeur)
DecShy: For the Character when the Character is accepted to watch (becomes a voyeur)

Additionally, after DecJealous, or as part of DecJealous (I am undecided):
Whenever JealousValue becomes less than some value (maybe -90):
set Jealous = 0
set JealousApologized = 0
set WasIntimateWithPlayer = 0

I'm interested in your thoughts on the following:
How IncJealous, DecExhibitionism, and IncShy should be applied;
What does Slutty and CheeseReaction do, thoughts on evolving these?
Thoughts on evolving the Perverse trait, and what does it affect?

Thanks so much for your help.
Last edited by wrathofdoom on Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
chimneyfish

Re: Evolving Personality traits

wrathofdoom wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:41 amAdditionally, after DecJealous, or as part of DecJealous (I am undecided):
Whenever JealousValue becomes less than some value (maybe 90):
set Jealous = 0
set JealousApologized = 0
set WasIntimateWithPlayer = 0
I'd suggest not changing WasIntimateWithPlayer. It controls a lot of dialog responses that have nothing to do with jealousy. Things like: "I know we did stuff before and I do/do not feel like doing it again." If you set it back to 0, you could get some dialog that doesn't make sense.
wrathofdoom wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:41 amI'm interested in your thoughts on the following:
How IncJealous, DecExhibitionism, and IncShy should be applied;
I don't have any suggestions here.
wrathofdoom wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:41 amWhat does Slutty and CheeseReaction do, thoughts on evolving these?
CheeseReaction is just whether or not a girl likes cheesy pickup lines. 1 = hates them, 2 or 3 = only if she likes you enough, 4 = always thinks they're funny.

Slutty is an overall personality setting that controls certain initial personality settings, determines how the girl is described in the diary, makes use of some alternative dialogs, and affects random responses. Here are the possible values:
  • Slutty = 0 "Prude/Frigid": CheeseReaction = 1, Exhibitionism = -100, Shy = 100, Jealousy = any except -100, -75% chance of doing stuff (unless in love with player)
  • Slutty = 1 "Angry": CheeseReaction = 1, Jealousy = 100, other personality traits random, starts with a negative love meter
  • Slutty = 2 "Normal" (but secretly slightly prude): initial personality random; -25% chance of doing stuff (except when in love with player)
  • Slutty = 3 or 4 "Normal": initial personality random
  • Slutty = 5 "Normal" (but secretly slightly slutty): initial personality random; +25% chance of doing stuff
  • Slutty = 6 "Total Slut": CheeseReaction = 4, Exhibitionism = never -100, Shy = -50 or -100, , other personality traits random, +60% chance of doing stuff
  • Slutty =7 "Rebounding": CheeseReaction = never 1, Exhibitionism = never -100, Shy = never 100, other personality traits random, starts with a positive love meter
wrathofdoom wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:41 amThoughts on evolving the Perverse trait, and what does it affect?
Random Party doesn't really do anything with the Perverse trait right now. I don't think the underlying game engine does either (but I could be wrong about that). There might be a random line lying around in the Random Party code somewhere that manipulates Perverse, but if there is it's just a leftover from testing it.
wrathofdoom

Re: Evolving Personality traits

chimneyfish wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:30 am I'd suggest not changing WasIntimateWithPlayer. It controls a lot of dialog responses that have nothing to do with jealousy. Things like: "I know we did stuff before and I do/do not feel like doing it again." If you set it back to 0, you could get some dialog that doesn't make sense.
Ok, I'll remove that Event Trigger and verify.
chimneyfish wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:30 am CheeseReaction is just whether or not a girl likes cheesy pickup lines. 1 = hates them, 2 or 3 = only if she likes you enough, 4 = always thinks they're funny.

Slutty is an overall personality setting that controls certain initial personality settings, determines how the girl is described in the diary, makes use of some alternative dialogs, and affects random responses. Here are the possible values:
  • Slutty = 0 "Prude/Frigid": CheeseReaction = 1, Exhibitionism = -100, Shy = 100, Jealousy = any except -100, -75% chance of doing stuff (unless in love with player)
  • Slutty = 1 "Angry": CheeseReaction = 1, Jealousy = 100, other personality traits random, starts with a negative love meter
  • Slutty = 2 "Normal" (but secretly slightly prude): initial personality random; -25% chance of doing stuff (except when in love with player)
  • Slutty = 3 or 4 "Normal": initial personality random
  • Slutty = 5 "Normal" (but secretly slightly slutty): initial personality random; +25% chance of doing stuff
  • Slutty = 6 "Total Slut": CheeseReaction = 4, Exhibitionism = never -100, Shy = -50 or -100, , other personality traits random, +60% chance of doing stuff
  • Slutty =7 "Rebounding": CheeseReaction = never 1, Exhibitionism = never -100, Shy = never 100, other personality traits random, starts with a positive love meter
Ok, I don't think there would be much benefit to altering those, I'll leave it alone.

Correction:
IncExhibitionism: Triggered through a new [invite to watch] response for [Player Caught Having Sex, Neutral]
SDplus

So, I manged to run into something more that I am unable to solve and/or find an answer to.
I have a girl who refuses to do anything before she gets a drink. She doesn't Like Beer, She doesn't like Wine, She is particular about hard Liquor. She refuses Whiskey (or flask), She refuses Rum (in cup or not), She refuses Tequila (In Cup or not), She Refuses Vodka (In Cup or Not), She Refuses Thermos of Death. She is not into Soda.

I have found several hints that it would be possible to mix a drink in at least one way, and I have failed everything I've tried.
She also seems to be the rebound type as she started out at Lust Level, But I can't raise enything as she wants a drink first.

I am convinced I am missing something blatantly obvious and are overthinking this... :)
Any hint that can help me solve this would be nice.
chimneyfish

SDplus wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:07 am So, I manged to run into something more that I am unable to solve and/or find an answer to.
I have a girl who refuses to do anything before she gets a drink. She doesn't Like Beer, She doesn't like Wine, She is particular about hard Liquor. She refuses Whiskey (or flask), She refuses Rum (in cup or not), She refuses Tequila (In Cup or not), She Refuses Vodka (In Cup or Not), She Refuses Thermos of Death. She is not into Soda.

I have found several hints that it would be possible to mix a drink in at least one way, and I have failed everything I've tried.
She also seems to be the rebound type as she started out at Lust Level, But I can't raise enything as she wants a drink first.

I am convinced I am missing something blatantly obvious and are overthinking this... :)
Any hint that can help me solve this would be nice.
Did you try Rum and Coke (use rum and soda with a cup) and Vodka and Water (use vodka and the kitchen faucet with a cup)?